Aliases



  • I kept on seeing a lot of denials from the network, mainly the android phones and amazon tv's and readers. Like it would fill the firewall log quickly, especially since they are all receiving PTR items.
    I think that I fixed it by adding aliases to the firewall and creating rules that allowed the traffic to pass to those specific domains.
    Was I correct in doing this, and if not, what do I do?

    edit, horrible photos!

    Of note, after reboot it is still blocking traffic.
    Yes, I know the pics show the alias and rule for amazon, but I did the same thing for google and 1e100.net.
    See bottom pic. This resolve to lga25s60-in-f5.1e100.net
    ![Screenshot from 2017-10-13 13-03-02.png_thumb](/public/imported_attachments/1/Screenshot from 2017-10-13 13-03-02.png_thumb)
    ![Screenshot from 2017-10-13 13-03-02.png](/public/imported_attachments/1/Screenshot from 2017-10-13 13-03-02.png)
    ![Screenshot from 2017-10-13 13-02-08.png_thumb](/public/imported_attachments/1/Screenshot from 2017-10-13 13-02-08.png_thumb)
    ![Screenshot from 2017-10-13 13-02-08.png](/public/imported_attachments/1/Screenshot from 2017-10-13 13-02-08.png)
    ![Screenshot from 2017-10-13 13-09-01.png](/public/imported_attachments/1/Screenshot from 2017-10-13 13-09-01.png)
    ![Screenshot from 2017-10-13 13-09-01.png_thumb](/public/imported_attachments/1/Screenshot from 2017-10-13 13-09-01.png_thumb)