cd0: Attempt to query device size failed :NO READY. Pfsense 2.4.4 no boot ini disk.

• Hi.

I have Pfsense 2.4.4p1.

A few days ago due to electrical failures. When server PF is Power ON, on boot log:

cd0: Attempt to query device size failed :NO READY. Medium no present - try closed

For Bios Setup it could not disable CDROM.

For hardware, disconect cable for cdrom directy.

two question, why cd0: Attempt to query device size failed :NO READY. Medium no present - try closed, it does not let me start my normal system

And how disable CDROM for Pfsense S/O?

Thanks.

BIOS Vendor: HP
    Version: O08
    Release Date: Tue Mar 13 2007
    Version 2.4.4-RELEASE-p1 (amd64)
    built on Mon Nov 26 11:40:26 EST 2018
    FreeBSD 11.2-RELEASE-p4

• Rebel Alliance Developer Netgate

That message is not an error that will stop anything. It's only printing the current state of the cd0 drive at boot time. Ignore it.

What should be happening next is locating and mounting the hard drive, or other local storage. You may have some other storage device attached which failed during the power outage.

• thanks for you reply.

But The doubt is that it stays frozen there. After disconnecting the DVD, start without problems.

Even when the unit is damaged. I do not know why my s/o is frozen

• Netgate Administrator

We would need to see the complete boot log to be able to say more. It still might not show anything.

You could try booting the installer and see if that recognises the boot drive as an install target.

Steve

• The installation does not give problems with CD or DVD, all good. The problem is after installing when booting. I had to unplug the unit so that the system could start completely.

• Netgate Administrator

Need to see the boot log then at least. I can't think of any reason an empty optical drive would do that.

Steve