2.5.0 reboot issue (after applying my config)
This afternoon I installed 2.5 development, due to an issue on a lagg between pfSense and a Mikrotik switch. The 2.5 version did not solve that issue however ..
After rebooting pfSense, pfSense was not starting ........
Via my KVM switch I saw that the startup script was "hanging" on the following (php) error "cannot use a scalar value as array in /etc/inc/config.lib.inc That message keep repeating endlessly.
In the mean time I noticed that my PIMD config was not running as well (as noticed by others before)
So I had to revert to 2.4.5 which was not so easy .... (reinstall 2.4.5, implicit destoying the boot disk, reinstalling a config backup from an usb, a second startup environment .... would be a good idea)
My pfSense system is using
- intel G4620 pentium processor
- 8G RAM
- smal ssd as boot disk
- em0 as WAN
- 2 intel I211 bords used as 1G lag (towards a Zyxel GS1920)
- Intel X520 used as 10G lag (towards a Mikrotik CRS317)
At first my excuse, I forgot to give the line number "config.inc.lib line 383. “ was the error. The problem occurred in today's 2.5 ^download^.
Second I would like to react on "next time check the system log, it should tell you what is it and why"
- at first, no way to check the logs, since I was not at all able to boot the system. This problem occurs long before the Gui becomes active
- I did the update by changing "the update train" from 2.4.5 / stable to development. At that moment 2.4.5 was completely ok as far as I could see. No reason to assume that the filesystem, the SSD or whatever was not ok!
- the update process itself did convert the config from version 18.0 to 19.1 I discovered, without any interaction from my site. So if there was some corruption, than it was caused by that automatic process
- but ... I am not so sure that it was a corruption ...... I think it could very well be a program error :)
chpalmer last edited by
You should always try to show the version of the snapshot you installed if possible.. I usually keep up with them and have had no problems.
I use LAGG on my box to my cable modem with absolutely no issues on 2.4.5
Im curious what issues you were having with the UBNT box?