DS-Lite State in 2020
I just wanted to know whether DS-Lite is supported and to what extend. Can I set it up via the GUI? Or is there any Tutorial out there?
JKnott last edited by
That's a Nintendo game isn't it? What do you mean by "support"?
Bob.Dig last edited by Bob.Dig
There is nothing to be done to support DS-Lite as far as I know.
It's not supported on pfSense, though it is supported on TNSR (As a B4 or AFTR endpoint).
Are there any plans to implement B4 client support? There's a few ISPs in my country that do IPv4 over IPv6 with DS-Lite and I'd love to use pfSense for them.
viktor_g last edited by
- Can't be done through UI, needs to be executed in a shell.
- The tunnel will not be visible in the UI.
- Doesn't persist. Would need to re-execute every time the WAN comes up and has a global IPv6 assigned.
- Need to extract the AFTR name and its IPv6 address. In my case, the name comes through via DHCPv6 from the ISP as option 64. Could extract it via tcpdump. Then resolved it to an IP address and used that when setting up the tunnel.
- Breaks again if AFTR name/IP changes.
So, no real DS-Lite support in pfSense currently, but possible to set up manually.