Inter vlan communication

• Hey I'm having some issues with trying to get 2 vlans to communicate.

I have Lan and Vlan101.  I do have other Vlans which are working properly.  But with my newly created VLAN101, I can ping from VLAN101 to Lan.  But cannot Pint from Lan to VLAN101

I think I got the rules set properly but i'm pretty sure its a firewall issue.  I turned off Symantec fully and disabled windows firewall.

I also Included Vlan31 screen which works.

I can ping the DG of the vlan101 from LAN, but not anything inside the vlan101.  DHCP works and vlan101 can get internet access.

Any help would be appreciated,
    Thanks

![interface 101.png](/public/imported_attachments/1/interface 101.png)
    ![interface 101.png_thumb](/public/imported_attachments/1/interface 101.png_thumb)
    ![interface 101 dhcp.png](/public/imported_attachments/1/interface 101 dhcp.png)
    ![interface 101 dhcp.png_thumb](/public/imported_attachments/1/interface 101 dhcp.png_thumb)
    ![lan rules.png](/public/imported_attachments/1/lan rules.png)
    ![lan rules.png_thumb](/public/imported_attachments/1/lan rules.png_thumb)

• LAYER 8 Netgate

Your interface address should not be inside the DHCP Pool.

• Fixed it, but that wasnt the problem.

total of 4 devices on that vlan

• LAYER 8 Global Moderator

looks ok to me..  So your saying you can ping lan devices from vlan101, but not from lan to vlan101

I would really look to the client on vlan101..  Do a sniff, does pfsense send the icmp to the client..

Rules look fine..

• ok I got it fixed.  Was really weird

Might have been some setting didn't get saved properly.

I changed the network to .131.* thinking maybe there is something wonky.

it worked….

then I changed it back and it was working?????.  o well I wont kick a gift horse in the mouth