ATT Uverse RG Bypass (0.2 BTC)
That should now be in current 21.09/2.6 snapshots if anyone is able to test.
This is now also in 2.5.2 snaps. Feedback appreciated.
I'm using frontier 1gb fiber service for my internet and I have a strange issue when using the netgraph script.
Currently my setup is using a pfsense instance on a Hyper-V server which is great because the virtual switch strips the vlan tags so my pfsense works great natively. My speed test show about 940mbp up and down on my hyper v instance.
If I use a use pfsense on comparable hardware directly on a metal box using the netgraph script I get speed tests of about 750mbs down and 840 up consistently. CPU and memory aren't even breaking a sweat. I would have expected speeds of around the same as my Hyper-V since that PC is actually using more resources. Not to mention other than adding the netgraph script I'm using pfsense straight from installation without making any other changes.
I'm happy to post any benchmarks and would love to hear this groups thoughts on this.
@michaellacroix recommend you look through and tune/test interface settings eg:
NIC Flow Control
NIC Rx Buffer
NIC Tx Buffer
These being out of tune for best performance on your particular platform likely would explain that amount of speed discrepancy.
Great idea! I will try that as soon as I get home. These are intel em cards.
@stephenw10 I upgraded from 2.4.4 with no issues. I'm using supplicant mode.
I'm using the latest 2.5.2 release.
So I tried making changes to tune my interface settings which made no difference in speed.
I did however remove netgraph from the equation and set a static IP from the dhcp pool and it also made very little difference in regard to speed. I think the hyper-v vmswitch is just stripping out all the crap from my ISP's connection allowing for the best connection and performance.
If that's the case I guess I'm stuck using pfsense as a vm. I would have much rather preferred using dedicated equipment instead.
Mmm, yeah if you're going through a v-switch and trying to use vlan0 I could certainly see that causing problems!