Any Change And Save Update Captive Portal Bug

• When you change anything in CaptivePortal and save it, all users are hanging and bounced back to the login page. When logout is done, Failed gives setsockopt message. Is there a solution?

by the way; i applied https://redmine.pfsense.org/projects/pfsense/repository/revisions/8228ea91f44c3d9280e15306f00e0ebe8d0f5aa9

• Hi,

Yep, probably true. I see the same thing.
    This time the ipfw firewall rules are (still) destroyed, but the session stays present in captive portal SQLITE database : the user seems to be logged in but without ipfw rules they're hitting into the wall.

Temporarily solution : Finish up you config, and don't change settings when users are connected  ;)

• @Gertjan:

Hi,

Yep, probably true. I see the same thing.
    This time the ipfw firewall rules are (still) destroyed, but the session stays present in captive portal SQLITE database : the user seems to be logged in but without ipfw rules they're hitting into the wall.

Temporarily solution : Finish up you config, and don't change settings when users are connected  ;)

yeah I am doing it right now. I can not even touch it. a very annoying situation

• Is there any update?
    A lot of people who use the captive portal with pfsense running version 2.4.4 on my network are getting "auth success" and can not connect. They have a valid voucher. I have to disconnect all of them and then they can reconnect by typing in the voucher on more time. This procedure repeats every day. I would appreciate any solution or workaround.

• @streetsfinest said in Any Change And Save Update Captive Portal Bug:

are getting "auth success" and can not connect.

That's another 'bug'.

The issue you mention is already resolved. Do the 3 lines edit yourself, or better, use the patch package.
    https://github.com/pfsense/pfsense/commit/c857583bb95d6d787b3334e5775cfd7921d547fb#diff-71474409c847a22d74a82a536ceaa04d

• Thank you very much for your fast response!
    We have another issue with version 2.4.4-p1.
    We use the voucher function to allow employees to connect to the guest wifi with private cellphones.

Every employee has a voucher which is valid for 1 month. After one or two days or so, the employees getting the message below named "You are connected" and can not connect anymore:

0_1544006727555_Unbenannt.png

I have to logout all the captive portal users to make the connection work again.
    Is there any workaround available?

Thanks in advance!!

• Rebel Alliance

We use the voucher function to allow employees to connect to the guest wifi with private cellphones.

Every employee has a voucher which is valid for 1 month. After one or two days or so, the employees getting the message below named "You are connected" and *can not connect anymore

This happens because something (manual action or automatic one) triggered a captive portal restart. As mentionned earlier in this thread, there is an issue when changing the settings of a captive portal while users are connected to it. The issue itself is located in how the captive portal does restart.

Did you updated your captive portal settings in the meantime? If no, did you updated other settings?

I am asking because i would lik to check why and when did the "captive portal restart" happened. It is not supposed to happens unless some settings are updated. I want to verify if you discovered a bug

• Well i think this could be a bug because the only thing i did was to click the „disconnect all users“ button after getting this message above on the wifi devices. After clicking the disconnect button every user can join the wifi again by typing in the voucher one more time and will be redirected to the startpage. After some time they got the same message again and are not able to get access to the internet. Maybe i have to check the captive portal service if it is running all the time?