Ntopng not showing country flags

• Hello,
    I want to ask about some weird situation. I have 2 pfSense boxes, let's name them BOX-1 and BOX-2.
    BOX-1 is older installation, even before "Netgate", which I upgraded regulary and now it's on latest version 2.4.4 with installed ntopng current package version 0.8.13_3, which was installed today (ntopng was on this box for a long time). Now when I log into ntopng it still says that there is a new version 3.6.0 available (ntopng Community Edition v.3.4.180911). In package dependencies it shows "ntopng-3.6.d201800910,1". It's kind of the same problem which was in previous topic "[Help] ntopng not displaying Minute Interface Top Talkers". But the point is, that when I look in flows or other places, I can see country flags by public IPs.
    BOX-2 is newer insatallation, with Netgate ISO already. It's updated to same version 2.4.4, both are amd64 systems. Today I installed the newest ntopng package - version 0.8.13_3. When I log into ntopng, it shows I'm on Community Edition v.3.6.181102, which is OK. I also updated GeoIP data, but I can't see anywhere those country flags. Is it a bug or how can I get it there? It looks, that on older version it worked, but it's kind of reporting wrong version in ntopng but correct in pfsense package manager, and a fresh install on fresh pfsense install reports correct version in both places, but can't get work country flags. Any suggestions??

• Hello,
    I am also seeing these symptoms. I have a fresh install of pfsense with ntopng as the first package installed. I cannot see any data in the geomap, hosts by country, or hosts by ASN, or the country flags as mentioned by the OP. I haven't found mention of similar issues within the last year other than this post. Is anyone experiencing similar issues?

I have tried updating the geodata and even a full reinstall and default configuration of ntopng with the same result.

• @networker2001 said in Ntopng not showing country flags:

Hello,
    I am also seeing these symptoms. I have a fresh install of pfsense with ntopng as the first package installed. I cannot see any data in the geomap, hosts by country, or hosts by ASN, or the country flags as mentioned by the OP. I haven't found mention of similar issues within the last year other than this post. Is anyone experiencing similar issues?

I have tried updating the geodata and even a full reinstall and default configuration of ntopng with the same result.

I'm experiencing the exact same symptoms with the latest version of pfsense and ntopng (2.4.4 and 0.8.13_3).

Ntopng does not show any country data nor any information about Autonomous Systems (showing ASN 0 only).
    I guess the new version does not work properly with Maxmind database.

• I'm glad to hear that it's not just me. I have been looking to find if I missed a configuration step, or an error was logged. I haven't seen any related errors in the pfsense log or in the ntopng runtime log, so not sure where to start looking.

• I have the same issue, and also I don't see the activity map on host pages that you'll see in the vide below, if you got to 4:20.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGN6NYFkrh4

• Has this been registered as a bug? It appears it is a bug, but haven't been able to find any confirmation. Is anyone successfully using the country flags, ASN, and country reporting in the current versions of ntopng and pfsense?