Snort VRT Rules Failing

• Can anyone give me some advise on how to get the Snort VRT Rules to update. I have tried to "Force Update" but it still fails.  The snort package is at 3.2.9.1_13 (with the check mark that means it is current).

• Ask in the IDS/IPS forum where the Snort stuff is usually discussed.

• Unfortunately Snort version 2.9.8.0 is EOL so we will have to wait for update to 2.9.8.3.

• This problem will be fixed soon.  Just submitted a pull request to update the binary package, and will be submitting the matching GUI package update shortly.

Bill

• Thank for the response, really appreciate it!

• All pull requests submitted and the new binary package is building.  The new package should show up as an update on the PACKAGE MANAGER in the SYSTEM menu shortly.

Bill

• I noticed that snort is no longer available in package manager.  What does this mean?  Should we no longer use it or remove it?

Also, is the "System_Patches 1.1.4_1" the new package we need to install?  Should snort be uninstalled before running System_Patches"? I am still rather ignent when it comes to pdSense.

• Is there any way to have the router pull the update from GIT? It appears the newer Snort has been in GIT for a couple of days but isn't being pushed down to whatever pkg on pfsense pulls from.

https://github.com/pfsense/FreeBSD-ports/commits/devel/security/pfSense-pkg-snort

Bump Snort GUI package to 3.2.9.1_14 for bug fixes and 2.9.8.3 binary…
    bmeeks8 committed 2 days ago

• Rebel Alliance Developer Netgate

Looks like the port update was only put into devel (pfSense 2.4) and RELENG_2_3 (pfSense 2.3.2) and not RELENG_2_3_1. Should be fixed up at some point today unless there's a reason it was kept out of there that I am not seeing.

• @jimp:

Looks like the port update was only put into devel (pfSense 2.4) and RELENG_2_3 (pfSense 2.3.2) and not RELENG_2_3_1. Should be fixed up at some point today unless there's a reason it was kept out of there that I am not seeing.

@jimp is correct.  Renato is working on getting the new package into RELENG_2_3_1 as well, but I think he had some other more pressing fires to fight earlier today.  He and I have swapped e-mails and he said he will get the update posted.

Bill