Squidguard not blocking sites after pfsense update to 2.3.1_5

• Hello All,

I recently updated pfsense from 2.3 to 2.3.1 to 2.3.1_5
    Before the update Squidguard was filtering sites properly. After, Squidguard is not filtering/blocking any sites at all. SquidGuard service state is marked as "STARTED".

I noticed that after the update the target rules list in the Common ACL was no longer clickable to see Target Categories so I went back and re-downloaded the blacklist (I am using shallalist for a blacklist) and that fixed the problem there but did not fix the filtering issue.

I have also tried reinstalling Squid/SquidGuard packages

Does anyone have any suggestions?
    Thank you for your time.

• Victoria.

• I am having an opposite problem after upgrading, Squidguard is blocking everything.  I assume it has to do with target rules reading !all  but as well I have no idea where the target categories list went, and how to have this working again.

Anybody have this working?

• I decided to upgrade to Pfsense 2.3.2 and the same issue. Squidguard is still refusing to block anything.

• Same thing here. SquidGuard with no rules. Default rule deny. Nothing is being blocked

• SquidGuard is not a service.  It's a helper app that gets called per URL by squid.

If you're having problems with squidGuard, enable logging and then check the logs.