Pass-through MAC Auto Entry Only gor Users, not for vouchers

• Hello,

is it possible to use the option in CP "Pass-through MAC Auto Entry" only for users I set up on System > User Manager?

We use User-Accounts for the teachers but will also have teachers as guests, who will get a temporary voucher. I dont want an auto-entry for the guests. They need to order a new Voucher every day.

Thanks for your help.

• The clean solution :
    Use a second interface with a second portal.
    The first one accepts Local Users and auto add MAC.
    The second accepts only vouchers.

The "bits and bytes" solution :
    Nail down the place where the test is made if a MAC address should be added to the MAC pass-through list.
    Add your own test that skips the "MAC pass-through" adding part IF the login was done with a "voucher".

• You mean another cp on the same interface?

Our APU board has only 3 port. 1 port for teachers, 1 port for students and one for WAN.

• Yes, another interface.

Two different portails can't run on the same interface.

Maybe some VLAN trick can give you a solution.

Btw : see my message above : I added another solution.

• The "bits and bytes" solution :
    Nail down the place where the test is made if a MAC address should be added to the MAC pass-through list.
    Add your own test that skips the "MAC pass-through" adding part IF the login was done with a "voucher".

I don't get this. I'm new at pfsense … sorry ...-.-

• @BGS:

The "bits and bytes" solution :

I don't get this. I'm new at pfsense … sorry ...-.-

pfSense is a software product.
    You actually have 99,99% of the source code at your disposal. So the possibilities are unlimited.

I advise you to look for a 4 NIC box.