SquidGuard - can't download/extract blacklist



  • Hello,
    after installing 2.3.2 (amd64) and updating to 2.3.2-p1 I installed squid and squidGuard.
    Then I tried to download shalla blacklist -> doesn't work means download doesn't start.
    After this I copied shalla.tgz to /tmp -> doesn't work. tgz isn't extracted.

    What can I do?

    Regards
    ulus



  • Hi, Did you get this problem resolved? I am having the same or similar problem.

    pfSense ver 2.3.2
    using: Squid and SquidGuard
    using this blacklist in SquidGuard: http://www.shallalist.de/Downloads/shallalist.tar.gz (Enable blacklist is checked)

    I am accessing the pfSense on a Mac Mini. When I download the blacklist in SquidGuard, it says it downloaded and updated the db. But when I go into the Common ACL to tool at the Target Categories, the blacklist is not listed. I've used Chrome, Firefox and Safari to download the blacklist. Same result. (Some people have had success with Edge and Internet Explorer, but I don't have access to those.) I already tried changing cache sizes, including changing the hard disk cache size to 0 and the file system to null.

    WHEN I DOWNLOAD THE BLACKLIST, HERE IS WHAT DISPLAYS
    Begin blacklist update
    Start download.
    Download archive http://www.shallalist.de/downloads/shallalist.tar.gz
    Download complete
    Unpack archive
    Scan blacklist categories.
    Start rebuild DB.
    Copy DB to workdir.
    Reconfigure Squid proxy.
    Blacklist update complete.

    WHEN I LOOK AT THE SYSTEM LOG RIGHT AFTER THE DOWNLOAD (after click Apply in SquidGuard and restart), I SEE THIS ERROR
    inetd  14526  Reconfigured: new=0 old=1 dropped=0 (services)
    php-cgi      squidGuard_blacklist_update.sh: The command '/usr/bin/tar zxvf /tmp/squidguard_blacklist.tar -C /tmp/squidGuard/unpack' returned exit code '1', the output was 'tar: Failed to set default locale tar: Error opening archive: Unrecognized archive format'
    php-cgi      squidGuard_blacklist_update.sh: The command '/bin/cp -f -p /tmp/squidGuard/arcdb/blacklist.files /usr/local/etc/squidGuard' returned exit code '1', the output was 'cp: /tmp/squidGuard/arcdb/blacklist.files: No such file or directory'

    WHEN I LOOK AT COMMON ACL, HERE IS WHAT DISPLAYS
    Targe Rules list
    ACCESS: 'whitelist' - always pass; 'deny' - block; 'allow' - pass, if not blocked.
    Target Categories
    [Dummy]  access 
    Default access [all]  access


  • Banned

    All I can suggest here is starting a bounty for a complete package rewrite. Apparently noone will touch the current buggy code, since it's completely unreadable mess. Unfixable.

    Alternatively, get some blocklists in Squid's ACL format and use those.