Status monitoring suddenly stopped showing traffic correctly



  • Pic shows week of traffic over WAN. During several days it suddenly drops to null. The only thing is that the graph is incorrect… I noticed this when the traffic DID stop and the interface showed up red and down. A minute after restarting the graphs also started plotting again, that is the start of the graphs to the right.

    I tried looking in system log but couldn't see anything about some service not starting etc. Haven't seen this before.

    So just to be clear, in the pic there are several days downtime and all but some 30 min of it is incorrectly represented.

    Ideas?

    While on the subject I can also mention that I do find the new traffic stats page not nearly as useful as the old one. Now one has to do a lot of clicking to select/deselect stuff to see different stats and time spans whereas earlier it was quick and easy to select tabs end scroll pages up and down. The new one probably has other advantages but this one area is what I think did not get better in the new GUI.

    Also, there is an error in the table below the graph, it says inpass/outpass total but does not show amount of data (as did the ealier stats page correctly) but a bandwidth number, seem to be inpass/total duplicated. It would be nice to be able to read out the traffic transported without having to calculate it using average bandwith*time which is possible of course.

    Latest version 32bit.

    ![pfSense showing mostly incorrect null traffic in Status_ Monitoring.png](/public/imported_attachments/1/pfSense showing mostly incorrect null traffic in Status_ Monitoring.png)
    ![pfSense showing mostly incorrect null traffic in Status_ Monitoring.png_thumb](/public/imported_attachments/1/pfSense showing mostly incorrect null traffic in Status_ Monitoring.png_thumb)


Log in to reply