Strange Errors what should I do?



  • This is one of the current errors I am getting sometimes there are 5 or more errors when I log in and they will reference different continents from th GeoIP tab.

    There were error(s) loading the rules:
    /tmp/rules.debug:26: cannot load "/var/db/aliastables/pfB_DNSBLIP.txt": 
    No such file or directory - The line in question reads [26]: table <pfB_DNSBLIP> persist file "/var/db/aliastables/pfB_DNSBLIP.txt" @ 2017-02-15 22:00:28
    

  • Banned

    Run Force reload.



  • I must have configured it wrong here our the new errors I am getting

    
    --There were error(s) loading the rules: /tmp/rules.debug:26: cannot load "/var/db/aliastables/pfB_DNSBLIP.txt": 
    No such file or directory - The line in question reads [26]: table <pfB_DNSBLIP> persist file "/var/db/aliastables/pfB_DNSBLIP.txt"
    @ 2017-02-16 11:35:55
    
    --There were error(s) loading the rules: /tmp/rules.debug:194: macro 'pfB_DNSBLIP' not defined - 
    The line in question reads [194]: block in log quick on $WAN reply-to ( ue0 173.16.184.1 ) inet from $pfB_DNSBLIP 
    to any tracker 1770008514 label "USER_RULE: pfB_DNSBLIP auto rule" @ 2017-02-16 11:36:19
    

    I have been using this post as reference for configuration
    https://forum.pfsense.org/index.php?topic=102470.15

    I have also not been able to get the service to start I think initialy it was working but then I started to see these errors and now when I try to manualy start the service it just displays that it is stopped.

    The dnsbl.log shows that it was working on the 12th but that is the only data I have inside that file.


  • Banned

    Perhaps it'd help if you were not running a crashing USB NIC.



  • 
    random: unblocking device.
    usbus0: 12Mbps Full Speed USB v1.0
    usbus1: 480Mbps High Speed USB v2.0
    usbus2: 12Mbps Full Speed USB v1.0
    usbus3: 480Mbps High Speed USB v2.0
    usbus4: 12Mbps Full Speed USB v1.0
    usbus5: 12Mbps Full Speed USB v1.0
    usbus6: 480Mbps High Speed USB v2.0
    ugen1.1: <ati>at usbus1
    uhub0: <ati 1="" 9="" ehci="" root="" hub,="" class="" 0,="" rev="" 2.00="" 1.00,="" addr="">on usbus1
    ugen0.1: <ati>at usbus0
    uhub1: <ati 1="" 9="" ohci="" root="" hub,="" class="" 0,="" rev="" 1.00="" 1.00,="" addr="">on usbus0
    ugen3.1: <ati>at usbus3
    uhub2: <ati 1="" 9="" ehci="" root="" hub,="" class="" 0,="" rev="" 2.00="" 1.00,="" addr="">on usbus3
    ugen2.1: <ati>at usbus2
    uhub3: <ati 1="" 9="" ohci="" root="" hub,="" class="" 0,="" rev="" 1.00="" 1.00,="" addr="">on usbus2
    ugen6.1: <ati>at usbus6
    uhub4: <ati 1="" 9="" ehci="" root="" hub,="" class="" 0,="" rev="" 2.00="" 1.00,="" addr="">on usbus6
    ugen5.1: <ati>at usbus5
    uhub5: <ati 1="" 9="" ohci="" root="" hub,="" class="" 0,="" rev="" 1.00="" 1.00,="" addr="">on usbus5
    ugen4.1: <ati>at usbus4
    uhub6: <ati 1="" 9="" ohci="" root="" hub,="" class="" 0,="" rev="" 1.00="" 1.00,="" addr="">on usbus4
    uhub6: 2 ports with 2 removable, self powered
    uhub5: 4 ports with 4 removable, self powered
    uhub1: 5 ports with 5 removable, self powered
    uhub3: 5 ports with 5 removable, self powered
    uhub4: 4 ports with 4 removable, self powered
    uhub2: 5 ports with 5 removable, self powered
    uhub0: 5 ports with 5 removable, self powered
    ugen1.2: <asix elec.="" corp.="">at usbus1
    axge0: <networkinterface>on usbus1
    miibus1: <mii bus="">on axge0
    rgephy1: <rtl8169s 8211="" 8110s="" 1000base-t="" media="" interface="">PHY 3 on miibus1
    rgephy1:  none, 10baseT, 10baseT-FDX, 10baseT-FDX-flow, 100baseTX, 100baseTX-FDX, 100baseTX-FDX-flow, 1000baseT-FDX, 1000baseT-FDX-master, 1000baseT-FDX-flow, 1000baseT-FDX-flow-master, auto, auto-flow
    ue0: <usb ethernet="">on axge0</usb></rtl8169s></mii></networkinterface></asix></ati></ati></ati></ati></ati></ati></ati></ati></ati></ati></ati></ati></ati></ati> 
    

    This is all I found in dmesg other than some entries that stated that ue0 was up.

    Their are some packet errors in interface statistics

    WAN 5 Errors in
    LAN has 0

    I am noticing a small increase in this number but over a 1 week period I have seen it increase to 140.

    I have been using Arch Linux for years, This is my first experience with freebsd. I am trying to understand how you came to your answer. I haven't had a lot of problems with my setup it took me a bit to get the DNS resolution under control and I was able to get squid, squidguard,  snort (non-blocking mode). I also have two dhcp servers one using a AR9382 mini-pcie card I bought to upgrade the laptops original one.



  • I wish you could see me face palm myself. So the problem was I had my webconfigurator https port set on dnsbl's ssl port. Now the service shows a green check mark. Conflict…always seems to be my problem XD


Log in to reply