PS4 NAT Type=2 but COD NAT Type=Strict

• I've seen several posts, similar to this, but I'm still struggling even with the data in those posts…  If you'd rather I reopen an old thread, let me know.  Otherwise, here's the scoop...

Basically, I'm running version 2.3.4-RELEASE (amd64) and I cannot join any games/lobbies when playing Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 on my PS4.  Before this evening, the PS4's network status showed my NAT type was set to 3.  However, I found this post and was able to get the NAT type down to 2 - which is already an improvement…  But, when I fired up BO3, the game still said my NAT type was strict.  With this NAT type, I'm unable to join games/lobbies and my friends cannot join mine.

I rebooted…  Powered off and on from a cold-boot...  Nothing seems to fix the issue with the game's NAT type.  I then got to poking around the UPnP & NAT-PNP settings page per instructions I found here and added an ACL entry of:

allow 80-65535 192.168.20.41/32 80-65535

What else can I do to get this working?  I've not been able to play the game for a year or so.  I figured it was an issue with the game and an update would finally fix it but that's not the case.

• It looks like I got it…  The post I mentioned earlier helped but it was missing one crucial step that immediately fixed my issue.  I stumbled upon another page that suggested moving the rule to the top of the list.  Once I did that, my issue was fixed.  I even removed the ACL entry and tested with positive results.