Asked to Read License File

• Im currently in the process of running the 2.4 RC in a test environment with a Intel Pro PCI x1 card (Dual Port) 03:00.1 Ethernet controller: Intel Corporation 82571EB Gigabit Ethernet Controller (rev 06).

I am noticing something in 2.4 RC that I didnt get in 2.3.4.

It is asking me to read a license file.

Screenshot supplied.
    ![2.4 RC.jpg](/public/imported_attachments/1/2.4 RC.jpg)
    ![2.4 RC.jpg_thumb](/public/imported_attachments/1/2.4 RC.jpg_thumb)

• Hi

That was also in 2.3 as I remember seeing it when I first installed, you just need to follow the instructions to disable the warnings.

Best Regards

Phil

• Banned

Been there forever. Just ignore it if you don't use Intel wireless cards.

• Thanks for the advise guys.

I will for the moment stick to 2.3.4 purely because it installs with no issues.

I will add that disabling the warning would be an issue for me as I install pfsense from iso as it is installed on a VM.

• Rebel Alliance Global Moderator

What vm are you running this on?  I will look for this specifically when I install on esxi - but I do not recall such a warning.

Are you passing through any hardware to the VM?  What nics are you assigning to the vm?

• Banned

There's nothing like trying to solve absolute non-issues. If you cannot live with the warning, create /boot/loader.conf.local like this:

legal.intel_wpi.license_ack=1
    legal.intel_ipw.license_ack=1
    legal.intel_iwi.license_ack=1

This has nothing to do with eSXI, VMs, or any particular pfSense version. Been there for ages. Also, as noted, it has nothing to do with whatever (emulated or non-emulated) Intel NICs. It's about Intel wireless firmware.

• Rebel Alliance Global Moderator

Its a non issue agreed, kind of like the zfs warning.  I personally do not recall ever seeing it though.  The zfs I have seen, but not this intel one - I will keep an eye out for it next boot..

I just looked at output of dmesg, didnt see anything of the sort.