Ant-techs.is/ip-blocklists

• Hiya all and Happy New Year ;)

I am just finishing my new website off and I just wanted to show you the IP Block List page for all PFsense users like myself.
    I hope you like it and find it a place to go to get some lists.

I found an excellent way of using filterlist that the uBlock plugin uses and other adblocker plugins, you will see what I mean when you read my page.

Because I been a fan of PfSense for so many years I made and IP block list page to turn to for others wanting to add to there routers ;)

PfBlocker has always been my favorite package its a master peace.

I haven't fully finished the site for my work in my local area and I need to put the lists in order but otherwise go check it out and I hope it will be some use to you.

https://ant-techs.is/ip-blocklists/

All the best ;)

• I am interested in trying out the YouTube Ad Blocker list https://raw.githubusercontent.com/kbinani/adblock-youtube-ads/master/signed.txt

The help icon on the DNSBL GUI says not to use it for adblock formatted files. I created an entry using the IPV4 screen and used Auto as the format. I got an error message about invalid timestamp during the cron job update.

[ youtube_ads ]		 Downloading update .. 200 OK
      Remote timestamp missing . completed ..
    [ pfB_YouTube_AdBlock youtube_ads ] List Error ]

I do not see an associated txt file did not created in/var/db/pfblockerng/deny where the other IPV4 hosts files are located.  Are adblock fomatted hosts files supported in pfSenseNG?  Could not tell by doing a web search.  If so, how to configure?

• There is a better way to block youtube ads.

http://jasonhill.co.uk/pfsense/ytadblock.txt

YMMV

• Excellent ill have to add that one to my huge list thanks mtarbox ;)

• @anttechs:

Excellent ill have to add that one to my huge list thanks mtarbox ;)

I add this to PFBNG but constantly have zero block count and ads goes trough. Are you sure its valid?

Cheers and thnx.

• @ha11oga11o:

@anttechs:

I add this to PFBNG but constantly have zero block count and ads goes trough. Are you sure its valid?

Cheers and thnx.

At a wide guess it could be the format not working pfblocker?

• @anttechs:

@ha11oga11o:

@anttechs:

Cheers and thnx.

At a wide guess it could be the format not working pfblocker?

Im not sure. I think it does not output error when reloading/updating lists. I have it counted on widget without problems like this:

DNSBL_YouTube 1528 0 May 07 14:14:41

Cheers!

• @ha11oga11o:

@anttechs:

Cheers and thnx.

I see the same results as you. The other lists all have the loop back IP addresses is 0.0.0.0 or 127.0.01 in front of them.  The format may be the issue. I need time to check logs to see if that sheds some light.

@Xentrk:

@ha11oga11o:

@anttechs:

Cheers and thnx.

I see the same results as you. The other lists all have the loop back IP addresses is 0.0.0.0 or 127.0.01 in front of them.  The format may be the issue. I need time to check logs to see if that sheds some light.

The format of the feed is acceptable for use with DNSBL.

Most likely, you have "googlevideo.com" in a whitelist which negates adding these blocked domains

Check the pfblockerng.log and review the section for this feed for more details.

• I don't have googlevideo.com in my whitelist.  I just added https://raw.githubusercontent.com/anudeepND/youtubeadsblacklist/master/domainlist.txt to DNSBL.  The list contains more domains

DNSBL_YouTube_Video_Ads_Blocklist_Domains 7958

Watching videos in Firebox with uBlock Origin enabled blocks the ads.  But ads are still appearing when watching on other devices.

@Xentrk:

…But ads are still appearing when watching on other devices.

Blocking ADs for YouTube with any DNS blocker will be hit and miss … Google can mix the video and ADs on the same domain name, making it difficult to block...

Browser based blockers will work the best for YouTube ADs...

• Thanks for the reply.  After two days of watching YouTube videos, it appears ads are getting blocked on my Roku and Android Box.  I only get YouTube ads when I watch on my iPad using the YouTube app.  I suspect YT detects the iOS and is delivering ads using what is called Digital Ad Insertion.  The other DNSBL lists I use appear to be handling the blocking for Roku and Android as I still see 0 hits on the block list posted in this thread and the one I posted above.

I installed Ad Blocker Ultimate and set Safari to use it as a Content Blocker. So far it appears to work.  I'll update the post after I have had more time to test.