Pfsense + Squidguard clean install. Squidguard won't start
Although I have googled and seen several similar topics, I haven't found a solution yet. Hopefully somebody can give some advice.
- pfSense 2.4.2-RELEASE-p1 (arm) on Netgate SG-3100
- SquidGuard 1.16.4
- Under 'General settings'-tab I entered the Balcklist URL : http://www.shallalist.de/Downloads/shallalist.tar.gz + clicked 'Download'
- Under 'target directories'-tab I create a dummy category
- Under 'Common ACL'-tab I selected some categories from the categories including my dummy category.
- Under 'General Settings'-tab I enabled squidguard and tried to start. But it remains in SquidGuard service state: STOPPED
- In the log I see that I starts and immediately stops.
06.03.2018 21:41:21 squidGuard stopped (276.1520368881)
06.03.2018 21:41:21 db update done
06.03.2018 21:41:21 squidGuard 1.4 started (1520368881.000)
- No specific entires in the system > general log. Or should I enable specific squidGuard logging somewhere?
Can someone please advise? Reinstalled may times.
Aditional question : I supose that squidguard automatically installs all its dependencies when installing from the pfSense package manager? I do not have to install Squid separately?
apparently you first need to install squid and then squidguard.
In squid proxy server : go tob tab 'local cache' + adjust hard disk cache size + save
the go to tab 'general, click 'enable transparent mode' and then enable the squid proxy.
That did it for me. SquidGuard started fine.
KOM last edited by
Squidguard is a helper app that takes URLs from squid and processes them in realtime as they're requested by the user. You definitely need squid installed first.