Reach Network Client Subnet from the computers behind to the pfsense firewall

• Scenario:

[Office´s Client  A]  - (ADLS)–-----Open VPN -----WAN(IPfirewall)----OPT(192.168.20.0)/29—[Computers(192.168.20.x/29)]
    LAN:192.168.1.0/24                                               |
                                                                Lan (192.168.101.0/29)

Dear, Friend, We are trying to find a way that the computers behind pfsense firewall can reach [Office´s Client  A] network when it is connected trough OpenVPN client.  As you see in the graph above.
    The [Office´s Client  A],  is a simple office with a ADLS to access internet and all computers use OpenVPN client to connect to pfsense firewall.
    Now those users can access the network (192.168.20.x/29) without any problem, but the idea is to find a way that the  server or computers on network 192.168.20.x can print out some documents into the [Office´s Client  A] (192.168.1.0/24) network, the printer is configured by ip 192.168.1.60/24

That is possible?
    Gully

• Unless I'm missing something, that should be easy to do.  Once you set up the VPN, it's just normal routing.  I assume you've got something running OpenVPN at the remote site.

• Thanks JKnott, yes if you see the graph into the client site exists computers and printers with ip´s 192.168.1.X/24, but exist a Windows Server r2 with ip 192.168.20.X that need to reach subnet 192.168.1.x/24 (client LAN) due to the obsoleted application installed on this server need to print out directly to this subnet (Lan Client).

If possible to you explain to me where I need to put the route,  I really appreciate it, and let me know  if I need an additional action into the pfsense firewall rules.

P.D. I tried to put a manual route add into the Window server like:
    Add route 192.168.1.0 mask 255.255.255.0 10.0.20.1 where 20.1 is the Default GW for a OPenVPN interface. But doe´s not work , time out received.

Thanks in advance,

Gully

• Hi,

That is possible if you are having site-2-site openvpn connection. Then all the systems from Client A side can access 192.168.20.x series and vice versa. As far as I can understand from your post  is that you are running windows based openvpn client software  on individual systems on Client A. If that is the case then I guess you will  not able to access systems on Client A side from 192.168.20.x.

I suggest to put up a device (may be another pfsense device) at Client A and then the two devices can make a openvpn connection. Then all the devices from either side should be able to talk to each other.

regards,
    Ashima

• Are the computers sharing one subnet?  Or do they have separate tunnels?

• @ashima:

Hi,

That is possible if you are having site-2-site openvpn connection. Then all the systems from Client A side can access 192.168.20.x series and vice versa. As far as I can understand from your post  is that you are running windows based openvpn client software  on individual systems on Client A. If that is the case then I guess you will  not able to access systems on Client A side from 192.168.20.x.

I suggest to put up a device (may be another pfsense device) at Client A and then the two devices can make a openvpn connection. Then all the devices from either side should be able to talk to each other.

regards,
    Ashima

Thanks to all, following the Ashima suggestion I solved the problem, I just bought a simple router board  Mikrotik RB260GS and make the connection  site to site open VPN,

So now is solved.

Thanks to all for your cooperation, all the best.
    Gully