Squid needs a cache hit rate graph somewhere. Anywhere

• The first thing I wonder is if the caching function is doing anything and, if so, how much of a difference it's making.  Can there be some graph graphing the hit rate?

I just got a new SG-3100 and decided to try out Squid again.  After suffering with the slowness I just wanted to see if it was worth even messing with.  I really don't care about the clamav or content filtering as much as the primary caching purpose but there's no gui-facing way to monitor hit rate.  I tried the squidclient command from shell and it hung there and eventually didn't display what it was supposed to display.  It just seems like, by now, someone would've put a hit rate thingy somewhere.

• No, but you can shell in and run:

squidclient -h LAN_IP -p 3128 mgr:info

and check the Cache information for squid section.  It will show you hit rate for the past 5 minutes and past hour.  It's usually pretty low.  I don't even bother trying to cache anymore.  I just use squid as the base for squidguard.

• @jawz101:

The first thing I wonder is if the caching function is doing anything and, if so, how much of a difference it's making.  Can there be some graph graphing the hit rate?

I just got a new SG-3100 and decided to try out Squid again.  After suffering with the slowness I just wanted to see if it was worth even messing with.  I really don't care about the clamav or content filtering as much as the primary caching purpose but there's no gui-facing way to monitor hit rate.  I tried the squidclient command from shell and it hung there and eventually didn't display what it was supposed to display.  It just seems like, by now, someone would've put a hit rate thingy somewhere.

Is this what you want ?
    https://cdn1.imggmi.com/uploads/2018/5/8/5e3583f2de0bac13ecd3418f99d2a59b-full.png

• @manojsemwal wow that is quite pretty! 😍
    What visualization tool are you using?

• @lemonparty1 said in Squid needs a cache hit rate graph somewhere. Anywhere:

@manojsemwal wow that is quite pretty! 😍
    What visualization tool are you using?

Hi We are using Graylog + elasticseach.
    we collect data from dozens of squid proxy servers + firewalls + wap + switches + windows servers + Linux servers.