File manager dosen't work

• i have uploaded a picture to use with my captive portal but it dosent work i cant view the image that i upload only i can see is the text field and command button

• Did you upload your own page that actually uses this picture?

• yes i have already upload the HTML file but it dosent work everytime i go to my own portal the image cant view

• Images uploaded via the file manager have "captiveportal-" added to the begining of them by default, so you would have to amend your html file and set the image as ![](<strong>captiveportal-</strong>yourimage.jpg)

Appologies if you have done this already.

Slam

• ive done it already but stilli cant view the image :-(

my image name is "captiveportal_page_01.jpg" then when i upload the file using fil manager the file name has change it will now "captiveportal-captiveportal_page_01.jpg"

then i go to my HTML file to change the path of the image as ""

and yet i cant still view the image to my portal

• Files that are uploaded, are placed here :
    /var/db/cpelements/
    and a link is place here :
    /usr/local/captiveportal
    Do a ls -al in that directory to see that your images are actually just links.
    Example :

ls -al

total 36
    drwxr-xr-x  2 root  wheel    512 Jan 28 10:55 .
    drwxr-xr-x  16 root  wheel    512 Aug 13 10:23 ..
    lrwxr-xr-x  1 root  wheel    50 Jan 28 10:55 captiveportal-Kyriadcouleur.png -> /var/db/cpelements/captiveportal-Kyriadcouleur.png
    lrwxr-xr-x  1 root  wheel    44 Jan 28 10:55 captiveportal-artigny.png -> /var/db/cpelements/captiveportal-artigny.png
    lrwxr-xr-x  1 root  wheel    51 Jan 28 10:55 captiveportal-christmas_tree.gif -> /var/db/cpelements/captiveportal-christmas_tree.gif
    -rwxr-xr-x  1 root  wheel  16216 Aug 12 19:08 index.php
    -rw-r–r--  1 root  wheel  10114 Aug 27  2007 radius_accounting.inc
    -rw-r--r--  1 root  wheel  5459 Mar 21  2007 radius_authentication.inc

Note that when you delete a file in the filemanger, the file in /var/db/cpelements/ will be removed, but the link in /usr/local/captiveportal is still there (and pointing to nothing !).
    In my case, /var/db/cpelements/captiveportal-artigny.png is deleted - so /usr/local/captiveportal/captiveportal-artigny.png is 'dead'.

If you upload a file named test.jpg, it will be stored with this name : captiveportal-test.png
    If you upload a file named captiveportal-test.png, then the name will not be prefixed 'ones more'.

All this so you get some more grip on it  ;)

• When i take a backup is the original CP page there, i wonder if i not getting it to work and want to restore?

• You can find the original CP file here :
    Open etc/inc/captiveportal.inc
    Look for lines 91 up untill 116 - everything including and between the html tags.

You'll find the same concept for the default error page : line 134 - 147.