DHCP from OPT1 on LAN

• Thanks… where exactly do I find the file you need (or is it part of the large XML file)?

• just make some screenshoots and upload them to http://photobucket.com and insert them here

• Here is the export of the interface config:

I'll get some screen shots asap.

<interfaces><lan><if>em0</if>
    		<ipaddr>10.LAN</ipaddr>
    		<subnet>24</subnet>
    		 <media><mediaopt><bandwidth>100</bandwidth>
    		<bandwidthtype>Mb</bandwidthtype></mediaopt></media></lan> 
    	 <wan><if>fxp0</if>
    		 <mtu><ipaddr>dhcp</ipaddr>
    		 <subnet><gateway><blockpriv>on</blockpriv>
    		<blockbogons>on</blockbogons>
    		 <disableftpproxy><dhcphostname><media><mediaopt><bandwidth>100</bandwidth>
    		<bandwidthtype>Mb</bandwidthtype>
    		 <spoofmac></spoofmac></mediaopt></media></dhcphostname></disableftpproxy></gateway></subnet></mtu></wan> 
    	 <opt1><descr>OPT1</descr>
    		<if>fxp1</if>
    		 <bridge><ipaddr>10.OPT1</ipaddr>
    		 <spoofmac><mtu><subnet>24</subnet>
    		 <gateway><enable></enable></gateway></mtu></spoofmac></bridge></opt1></interfaces> 

LAN:

OPT1:

• Services->DHCP Server LAN and OPT screenshoots

• LAN DHCP:

OPT1 DHCP:

• u must put on each interface the gateway u need to reach and some rules in firewall to your specific needs.

• @ginosteel:

u must put on each interface the gateway u need to reach and some rules in firewall to your specific needs.

That shouldn't have anything to do with listening to broadcast requests for DHCP!  If I enable DHCP on one interface, it should not be responding to DHCP boradcast requests that it detects on another interface!

Adding in the gateway is optional if I want to use a different one than the WAN interface.

Is there a firewall rule that will block DHCP requests from traversing to the OPT1 interface, that won't affect other broadcast requests?

• Is there another place to put bug reports?  As this has to be a bug.

• Your WINS entry on OPT1 refers to a LAN host.

Other than that I can confirm that I saw similar behaviour recently on 1.2.2 and 1.2.3pre.

I have DHCP enabled on both LAN and OPT1 interface, though.
    Moved a client from OPT1 to LAN and it still got an IP from OPT1 range. Both DHCP instances hold static ARP entries for this client's MAC which I supposed to cause this (and an error in the logs).

• So this is clearly a bug… where should this get logged so that it can be fixed in a future release?

• @marcusone:

So this is clearly a bug… where should this get logged so that it can be fixed in a future release?

Usually you open a ticket in CVS.
    Don't know how that's handled now since they changed to GIT.

If nothing has changed then start here: http://cvstrac.pfsense.org/

• Can't replicate.  Same config with DHCP server enabled on OPT and not enabled on LAN, and I get only this on the LAN:
    02:29:58.934476 IP 0.0.0.0.68 > 255.255.255.255.67: BOOTP/DHCP, Request from 00:0c:29:4c:12:22, length 300
    02:30:02.936510 IP 0.0.0.0.68 > 255.255.255.255.67: BOOTP/DHCP, Request from 00:0c:29:4c:12:22, length 300
    02:30:09.940158 IP 0.0.0.0.68 > 255.255.255.255.67: BOOTP/DHCP, Request from 00:0c:29:4c:12:22, length 300
    02:30:25.946657 IP 0.0.0.0.68 > 255.255.255.255.67: BOOTP/DHCP, Request from 00:0c:29:4c:12:22, length 300

Taken from the firewall's LAN interface. Never a reply whatsoever.

Ticket updated, will need a full config that exhibits this.

• @cmb:

Can't replicate.  …  will need a full config that exhibits this.

Replied by PM

• What config files/etc would you need?  I will try to retest this on the weekend and send my configs.

• Usually the .XML file of your configuration which you get from:  Diagnostics  |  Backup/Restore
    You may want to delete sensitive information from this file with a text editor (PPPoE user/pwd etc).

• Get a configuration backup and attach it to an email, and reference this thread.

• Is somebody using a a dual LAN card or? I do.
    I have 3 LAN connection and to cards.
    If DHCP is enabled on all three interfaces you get IP from LAN interface and not OPT1 or OPT2
    My interfaces is like this.

Dual interface: LAN and OPT1
    Singel interface: OPT2

If I have DHCP enabled on LAN and OPT2 its working.
    If I enable on OPT1 I always get IP from LAN to computers connected to OPT1 interface.

I think the problem is by using a dual interface card.
    Maybe its wrong but that has happend at my place.

Somebody else?

• I have a 4 port LAN card and the WAN is on the system board

I have LAN1 set to 192.168.1.x/24
    I have LAN2 set to 10.10.x.x/16

DHCP from LAN2 gets picked up by clients on LAN1

john@wombo.com

• same problem here DHCP enable on LAN and OPT1 DHCP not working…