Switching from Squid/Squid Guard to pfBlockerNG
AR15USR last edited by AR15USR
I am seriously considering switching from Squid/Squid Guard to pfBlockerNG. Does anyone have any pointer or things to watch out for when do this?
Here is all the things I can think of that I need to do before switching:
- Remove Host Overrides
- Flush the Squid Cache first
- Remove squid related firewall rules
- Remove/backup all WPAD files
- Remove "Additional BOOTP/DHCP Options"
- Remove Lightsquid
- Save a copy of my advanced .conf files in SquidClam
- Remove /var/unbound/forcegoogle.conf
- Remove: Services/DNS/Resolver/General Settings
“server: include: /var/unbound/forcegoogle.conf”
KOM last edited by
Squid doesn't add any overrides AFAIK, and its rules are hidden and removed automatically.
AR15USR last edited by
(I added some overrides manually so thats why its on the list..)