Switching from Squid/Squid Guard to pfBlockerNG
I am seriously considering switching from Squid/Squid Guard to pfBlockerNG. Does anyone have any pointer or things to watch out for when do this?
Here is all the things I can think of that I need to do before switching:
- Remove Host Overrides
- Flush the Squid Cache first
- Remove squid related firewall rules
- Remove/backup all WPAD files
- Remove "Additional BOOTP/DHCP Options"
- Remove Lightsquid
- Save a copy of my advanced .conf files in SquidClam
- Remove /var/unbound/forcegoogle.conf
- Remove: Services/DNS/Resolver/General Settings “server: include: /var/unbound/forcegoogle.conf”
KOM last edited by
Squid doesn't add any overrides AFAIK, and its rules are hidden and removed automatically.
(I added some overrides manually so thats why its on the list..)