[Fixed] No local user authentication on 10-20 snap for GUI



  • Snapshot 2.4.5.a.20181020.1233

    I had the native admin account disabled and local user authentication for the webgui, but I have had to use the reset on the password on the console to gain access. On my user account, settings are showing correctly, but I am getting "No page assigned to this user! Click here to logout."
    Since it doesn't take much to recreate the 2 user accounts on there, I deleted and re-added with no success.

    EDIT Changed snapshot



  • I am having the same issue for the last 2 nightly updates. I have tried the same and have experienced the same results.



  • On my testbox-

    Same here. Luckily I left the admin account open on mine.

    I tried several things and saved but no dice.

    PHPSESSION 1 open sessions left at shutdown script!Array ( [0] => #### phpsession_begin #### simplestacktrace(..) - /etc/inc/phpsessionmanager.inc:38 phpsession_begin(..) - /etc/inc/auth.inc:1932 session_auth(..) - /etc/inc/authgui.inc:33 require_once(..) - /usr/local/www/guiconfig.inc:51 require_once(..) - /usr/local/www/index.php:44 [1] => #### phpsession_end #### simplestacktrace(..) - /etc/inc/phpsessionmanager.inc:54 phpsession_end(..) - /etc/inc/auth.inc:2068 session_auth(..) - /etc/inc/authgui.inc:33 require_once(..) - /usr/local/www/guiconfig.inc:51 require_once(..) - /usr/local/www/index.php:44 [2] => #### phpsession_begin #### simplestacktrace(..) - /etc/inc/phpsessionmanager.inc:38 phpsession_begin(..) - /etc/inc/authgui.inc:38 require_once(..) - /usr/local/www/guiconfig.inc:51 require_once(..) - /usr/local/www/index.php:44 [3] => #### phpsession_begin #### simplestacktrace(..) - /etc/inc/phpsessionmanager.inc:38 phpsession_begin(..) - /etc/inc/priv



  • the change set for issue #9051 appears to have caused this. If the router is relying on local authentication, the changes block checking the local database.



  • @rschell said in No local user authentication on 10-20 snap for GUI:

    the change set for issue #9051 appears to have caused this. If the router is relying on local authentication, the changes block checking the local database.

    Thank you for pointing this out, I have reverted the files to their old contents per the diffs and all is well.

    Diffs here:
    https://redmine.pfsense.org/projects/pfsense/repository/revisions/fe1afbb7549907e0d1cdfbf85d5f36d075a6a916/diff/src/etc/inc/auth.inc
    https://redmine.pfsense.org/projects/pfsense/repository/revisions/fe1afbb7549907e0d1cdfbf85d5f36d075a6a916/diff/src/etc/inc/priv.inc