Alert Settings



  • The Alter Settings for pfBlockerNG are behaving erratic for me. I modified the the original number of entries and upon hitting save I find that the number of entries for deny, dnsbl, permit, and match are always set to the number chosen for dnsbl. Also the maximum number of entries is 9. If I select 10 with the up arrow, it goes back to one. Also it will not save the auto refresh and auto resolve check boxes. Is this a know issue?

    Is there a way to edit the config manually to bypass the issues with the GUI?

    Thanks for help in advance.


  • Moderator

    @revengineer

    Are you using pfBlockerNG or pfBlockerNG-devel... If not devel, I'd recommend to upgrade to that...



  • Thanks for the quick reply. I am using the regular pfBlockerNG, not the dev version. Is this then a known bug for the non-dev version?


  • Moderator

    @revengineer said in Alert Settings:

    Thanks for the quick reply. I am using the regular pfBlockerNG, not the dev version. Is this then a known bug for the non-dev version?

    I haven't seen others post about it, but I am trying not to touch the old version unless its a critical fix that is required.

    There are a lot of improvements in devel that most should be migrating to it...


  • Moderator

    @revengineer said in Alert Settings:

    Thanks for the quick reply. I am using the regular pfBlockerNG, not the dev version. Is this then a known bug for the non-dev version?

    You can manually edit the /conf/config.xml and edit these options:

    grep -A10 "<pfblockerngglobal" /conf/config.xml
                <pfblockerngglobal>
                        <pfbdenycnt>50</pfbdenycnt>
                        <pfbpermitcnt>5</pfbpermitcnt>
                        <pfbmatchcnt>5</pfbmatchcnt>
                        <pfbdnscnt>45</pfbdnscnt>


  • Interesting, none of these keywords exist. In my config, it simply reads

    <pfblockerngglobal>7</pfblockerngglobal>
    

    I think I chose "7" as the number of entries to list, but this may be a coincidence.

    For now, I restored an older config. I will try you suggestion above and in the long run plan for upgrading.

    Thanks again.


  • Moderator

    @revengineer said in Alert Settings:

    Thanks again.

    You can goto pfSense Diagnostics > Command Prompt page > Execute PHP Commands:

    And paste the following commands, and hit "Execute"... Should get you back to normal!

    $config['installedpackages']['pfblockerngglobal'] = array();
    $config['installedpackages']['pfblockerngglobal']['pfbdenycnt'] = '5';
    $config['installedpackages']['pfblockerngglobal']['pfbpermitcnt'] = '5';
    $config['installedpackages']['pfblockerngglobal']['pfbmatchcnt'] = '5';
    $config['installedpackages']['pfblockerngglobal']['pfbdnscnt'] = '5';
    write_config('pfBlockerNG patch');
    


  • @bbcan177
    Thank you, that worked great!