Problem Getting To Host

• I'm new to pfSense firewalls and having issues hitting a host.

LAN - 192.168.1.0/24 (int add 192.468.1.254)
    OPT 1 - 192.168.0.0/24 (int add 192.168.0.254)

I have rules going both direction explicitly allowing and logging traffic (all LAN and OPT 1 IP's, protocols, and ports). I can ping the OPT 1 (.254) address from a host in the LAN (192.168.1.105), but not the host connected to OPT 1. The logs show that the ping was permitted from LAN to OPT 1, but I see no logs for the return traffic on the ping. The host connected to OPT 1 is in the ARP table.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

• No gateway set for OPT1 right?

• Correct.

• There would be no logging for the OPT1 host answering a ping.

But doing a packet capture on the OPT interface would show the traffic.

On the host machine-

Local address set up right? Gateway? (192.168.0.254) What is the host address?

Firewall on host machine?

• I will do a packet capture and see what that says. The gateway is set on the local machine, I'm remote from it now and since I can't get to it, I can't remote to check firewall.

I'll be onsite tomorrow and will double check firewall settings.

Host: 192.168.0.2/24
    Gateway: 192.168.0.254
    Generic DNS servers

• If it is a Windows machine it will see anything outside of its own subnet as "public".

Keep that in mind.

Good luck!

• Thank you for your input. I will post tomorrow to ensure closure of this issue.

• The NIC had 2 addresses and the gateway was set for the secondary address. Utilizing the correct gateway resolved the issue. I appreciate the time you took to respond and assist, that's very kind of you.