One Voucher on First Device

• Re: One Voucher Per Device Dear Team,

I am also facing same issue, A voucher can be login to another device and first device goes disconnect, I did lots of search with no success, please support on same.

Regards.
    M.Waqas

• Hi,

Be aware that most people are aware that a voucher is a private thing.
    Sharing often means : the same person that switches from his phone to his portable PC - so basically the same person.

Add your name on the feature request (as shown in other threads you cited). A forum post in not very appropriate for this.

Somewhere on this forum I wrote about what to do when you really want to block a second device (first device only). This means some minor edits, but it worked.
    I guess it's even possible to blow up the voucher (expire it totally) when it's used on a second device - not very commercial as an attitude but it an be done

• @gertjan can you please share that solution to me since I am looking forward same since couple of days.

• I don't have it anymore.

It's posted on a public place : as said : this forum.
    I'll Ctrl-F when I have some time left.

• Google still works great !! It's all a matter of words that are unique to the question.

Jackpot on the first link proposed .... ;)

site:netgate.com Gertjan Voucher Concurrent user logins

As usual : code editing is fine. But you're on your own. No support.
    I tested my edits : it worked - back then.
    I'm not using the code right now, I'm not not using vouchers.
    (I use FreeRadius, and that solution supports "1 user per account" just fine).

• @gertjan great to hear, how free radius is helping on same without voucher ?

• "FreeRadius" means : no vouchers as authentication. Just some access codes.
    You should generate users & passwords, or just passwords - and use a hidden username that is common among all portal users so you can hide it in the html login page (see pfSence doc/book) - FreeRadius can enforce one user for one logged in account.
    As been discussed on this forum many ... (more often ?) times.

I should inform you that running a FreeRadius isn't for the faint of heart.