2.5.0 Success Stories

• Rebel Alliance Developer Netgate

If you tried 2.5.0 snapshot and things worked well for you, post your experience here.

If you have a problem with 2.5.0 snapshots:

• I successfully updated a VM on a Windows 2012R2 hyper-v server from 2.4.5 snapshot to 2.5.0 snapshot. No problems at all. There are no installed packages.

• @jimp I had no issues with the upgrade on my Super Micro C2758. I had the usual upgrade issue where I had to launch the nut configuration, then save the settings to sync via SNMP to my UPS. That's a standard when the package gets upgraded. No errors that I have spotted on a quick thumb through.

Packages with upgrade that went fine: FTP_Client_Proxy, nmap, nut, snort

• I used the 20190321 ISO to upgrade a 2.4.4 ZFS test instance running in VirtualBox to 2.5.0 ZFS by reinstalling and choosing to preserve the config, as this is how I'll probably upgrade my APU2C4 when the time comes. The process ran quickly. Packages were not reinstalled but I don't recall if they normally are when upgrading this way.

Once I upgraded to 20190322 I was able to install the packages (System_Patches and ACME) via the UI.

• Held off for a bit before making the jump to 2.5.0...

I couldn’t get the update method to work via webgui using the sed command recommended, so went for a memstick snapshot and that was silky smooth.

Rebooted into the ultimate fully-blown brown-trousers situation... It just locked up early in the boot sequence. Nothing in the forums, absolutely Stone dead. A quick bios reset to defaults seems to have cured it and I will have to investigate further as to what setting exactly caused it.

Once booted and into pfSense itself, it was all good and I’ll be hitting up redmine in the next few days to see if what I can test.