pfSense as a transparent bridge
tomasz1919 last edited by
God day to all.
I have installed pfsense on my Odroid H2 with 2xNIC and need your help with setting up pfSense as a bridge.
At the moment my house network looks like this
Static IP provider--------ASUS router------switch----devices
Asus router does port forwarding and also managed local network.
I would like to have pfSense in this configuration:
StaticIP provider-----pfSense bridge ----ASUS router----switch---devices
with all the settings on the router I have at the moment. In case I am away from home for 3 weeks and Odroid will have some issues , my wife can simple unplugged the FW and get back to previous installation.
So far I have followed the post
and did as follow:
- disabled outbound NAT
- net.link.bridge.pfil_bridge set the value to 1
- net.link.bridge.pfil_member to a value of 0
- create and enable bridge interface
- OPT1 - I have set IP address from pool of LAN of my router without setting upstream gateway. Here I have problem what IP and gateway shall I use since pfSense in on the WAN port of router and I don't have any upstream router as shown in this tutorial.
- Set WAN and LAN interfaces and set the IPv4 and IPv6 configuration type to None
- Configure Firewall: WAN interface created a rule that passes all traffic over the interface.
- Configure Firewall: Created a rule that passes any traffic to the OPT1 net.
Thank you for your time and answering.