Can I search for an IP-address in all aliases?

• Lately I have the following problem for the first time. A friends VPN-IP-addresses (NordVPN, he is always using the same endpoints) are not int the corresponding GEO-IP list anymore. Also they now could be blocked by a feed under deny inbound on WAN on my side.

So my questions is this, can I search in pfBlocker or pfSense for an specific IP-Address, if it is in an alias ore something like that, other than the normal firewall-log?

• @Bob-Dig said in Can I Search for an blocked IP Address?:

A friends VPN-IP-Address (NordVPN) is not in the corresponding GEO-IP list any-more. Also it could now be blocked by a feed under deny inbound on WAN.

Well, lol.
    You want your friend to be identified when he calls you.
    And he is willingly hiding his phone number (or using a random one).

What about talking to each other, I'm sure a solution exists with changing one setting somewhere.

And blocking with GEO-IP lists on your side and on your friend having this VPN App showing the planet earth as a choice with the thousands of VPN servers every where ... is just hilarious.

Make a deal with your fried : let him choose a country, like China.
    And you remove the blockign GEO-IP for China.
    Problem resolved.

@Bob-Dig said in Can I Search for an blocked IP Address?:

So my questions is this, can I search in pfBlocker or pfSense for an specific IP-Address, if it is in an alias ore something like that, other than the normal firewall-log?

Well, yeah, pfBlocker downloads plain text files with IP networks - one per line. Use a text editor like Notepad++ to search in all those files or the tools made for the job : grep.

Note : or ask your friend to stop using his VPN over a VPN when he wants to VPN at your place.

• @Gertjan said in Can I search for an IP-address in all aliases?:

he wants to VPN at your place.

He doesn't, he just is using that mentioned VPN-Service and also wants to connect to my Servers on WAN.

• @Bob-Dig said in Can I search for an IP-address in all aliases?:

to my Servers on WAN

Your servers on your WAN => Wide Area Network, also called the Internet.
    What has this to do with your pfSense network ?

pfBlocker can't protect devices that are on the WAN side of pfSense.

• @Gertjan Yeah, you got it all wrong, probably because of my English-writing-skills. 😉