Cannot Get Suricata To Start Using pfSense
Suricata will not start using pfsense. I currently have the SG-1100 appliance.
- Added the Suricata package with no issues.
- Configured Global Setting using the ETOpen Emerging Threats rules only. No Issues
- Performed the Emerging Threats Open Rules update with no issues.
- Enabled emerging rules. No Issues
- The SG-1100 appliance only has 2 CPU's with 1GB of Ram. It should still run the Suricata application.
- When i go to start the service on the WAN interface, it runs for 3 seconds then stops.
- Log View message is below
5/4/2020 -- 18:34:18 - <Notice> -- This is Suricata version 5.0.2 RELEASE running in SYSTEM mode
5/4/2020 -- 18:34:18 - <Info> -- CPUs/cores online: 2
5/4/2020 -- 18:34:18 - <Info> -- HTTP memcap: 67108864
5/4/2020 -- 18:34:18 - <Notice> -- using flow hash instead of active packets
Any assistance will be appreciated.
bmeeks last edited by
I see you tagged onto another thread here: https://forum.netgate.com/topic/151936/suricata-core-dumping-after-2-4-5-upgrade/15. That thread tells you what the problem likely is and what the only short-term solution is.