1.2.3 RC 1 - Are we close to getting it into final?

• Seems everything is working fine in the latest snapshots so are we close to the final?

Darkk

• Rebel Alliance Developer Netgate

There are still a few pending issues that I'm aware of, but I'm not sure what kind of a timetable there is for the release.

• It would be nice if the IPSec on watchguard firebox issue was fixed for the main 1.2.3 release.

Phil

@Phil:

It would be nice if the IPSec on watchguard firebox issue was fixed for the main 1.2.3 release.

Phil

Got a link to a ticket or forum post about it? It may be the same problem I'm working on right now (failing to detect a dead peer) with some Cisco devices.

• It also fails to detect dead peer with SonicWall (Pro1260 and TZ170).

-Raylund

• Also qVOIPup doesn't see any traffic on 1.2.3RC1, but downgrading to 1.2.2 works fine with the same config.

I'll re-test with the latest snapshot.  I'm kind of new to pfSense, should I open a ticket?

Don't use the snapshot from today, it has issues I'm trying to work out right now.

Try the last snapshot from the 12th

Traffic Shaping isn't my forte', so I can't help with the real issue there.

Snapshots appear to be alive and kicking again.

There is a patch that was just added this evening that may fix the IPSec problem, but I won't be able to test it more until tomorrow. If someone else who is seeing the DPD failure/IPSec stuck open issue could try pfSense-Full-Update-1.2.3-20090514-1908.tgz or later, it may behave differently.

• @Darkk:

Seems everything is working fine in the latest snapshots so are we close to the final?

Darkk

Dont rush the cook man, you´ll get bad food  ;)

• @jimp:

Snapshots appear to be alive and kicking again.

There is a patch that was just added this evening that may fix the IPSec problem, but I won't be able to test it more until tomorrow. If someone else who is seeing the DPD failure/IPSec stuck open issue could try pfSense-Full-Update-1.2.3-20090514-1908.tgz or later, it may behave differently.

I used pfSense-Full-Update-1.2.3-20090515-0715.tgz and have boot problem.  Something like kernel not found and hung after a few lines of that.

-Raylund

I was seeing that with some ISOs, but it really did boot (somehow the boot messages were being suppressed)

I did mine remotely so I don't know what it looked like from the console, I'll have to check again.

Yeah it looks like it's frozen, but it is actually booting. After a short time, you'll hear the beep and the menu is displayed.

Not sure what's up with that one…

• Hmmm.. My built on Thu May 14 09:44:03 EDT 2009 on Alix (Full Install) goes up after approx 10 seconds, and stays consistently on 100 % CPU. I have two boxes, all the same issue. Was not the case on the version of around May 6th.

regards,
    Hans

• Anymore other issues that needs to be worked on so it can go into final soon?

• Darkk, I think bridging issue is still evident and needs to be fixed before the final.
    If you go to the respective thread , there are quite a few people suffering from it (including myself).