Allow one device from VLAN to access main network

• I have my main network then I have a VLAN for all my IoT devices.
    Then on top of that, I have NordVPN on the IOT network as well. Everything is working 100% with no issues.

But I have an old Drobo NAS unit that I have on my LAN network that only has 1 NIC in it. I want to be able to access it on both networks. But I have the IoT network set not allow any access to my LAN network

b98a3d63-1ce5-458c-ade4-8a07a900a7a8-image.png

This is what I have set up right now on my IoT network rules but still, I can't access the device at 192.168.10.98 that's on the LAN network.

Any suggestions?

TIA

• Since the rules shouldn't be the issue here, I suspect that the NAS is blocking that access. Many NAS block access from outside of their subnet by default.

• Hmm.

I moved that NAS over to the IoT network to solve the issue. From the LAN network, I can access it fine with no issues.

• I assume, there would a possibility to allow access from outside on the NAS.

If not, you can also do a workaround with Outbound NAT on pfSense, so that it translates the source IP in packets destined for the NAS into its interface address, which is within the same subnet.