uninstall non-devel prior to installing devel
I understand there is little more to correctly uninstalling pfBlockerNG which is what I want to do before installing the -devel version. I am currently running 2.1.4_22. Do my steps seems correct:
- Check that cron is about to run, if so wait until after the next cron run.
- Take a few screenshots of various settings & feeds to help ensure we restore them back.
- Uncheck "Keep Settings" to wipe old configurations: Firewall -> pfBlockerNG -> General
- Remove any custom options to do with pfBlockerNG from your DNS Resolver Custom Options field.
- Disable/Stop pfBlocker service & disable DNSBL service
- Deinstall pfBlocker
- Install new pfBlocker-devel
Are any "Force update" or "Force reload" needed?
Not sure if any scripts are left behind that may need to be manually removed?
My steps above worked with one addition...New Step #1...this most important...Backup the pfsense configuration before doing the rest.
No issues, running -devel version now. I thought I had a problem because the exact day/time I did this was when the community wide package certificate issue was going on & I wasn't able to load packages. Works now.
I would say my step #4 above is not necessary unless you have manually entered pfBlockerNG related custom options in the DNS Resolver. If not, the one that the system automatically places there during installation will also be removed when uninstalling.