Still no SG-1100 2.5 development builds?

• I'm a bit worried about the movement of development from pfsense to TNSR. I've been running 2.5 dev builds on x86 hardware for a year but the SG-1100, which is provided by netgate, still doesn't have 2.5 builds.

Also is the AES acceleration, which was advertised as an upcoming feature when this hardware was first introduced, working yet?

• Rebel Alliance Developer Netgate

@bradsm87 said in Still no SG-1100 2.5 development builds?:

I've been running 2.5 dev builds on x86 hardware for a year but the SG-1100, which is provided by netgate, still doesn't have 2.5 builds.

There is no vast conspiracy here. It's just that there are some issues with pfSense on FreeBSD stable/12 on that platform we haven't worked through yet. We'll get to it well before release, but there are other things ahead of it in the queue (for pfSense and, yes, TNSR)

Also is the AES acceleration, which was advertised as an upcoming feature when this hardware was first introduced, working yet?

It's already in 2.4.5-p1, you just have to enable it since it's disabled by default and has not yet seen a lot of real-world testing. We're still working on expanding its capabilities for the future, though.

It's under System > Advanced, Misc tab. In Cryptographic Hardware, pick the SafeXcel and BSD Crypto Device option.

• Any 2.5 builds for SG-1100 I can try yet? It's been about 18 months since I've been using 2.5 happily on x86.

• I guess that's a no.

Anyone in Australia want to buy an SG-1100? 😁