-devel UI not capturing blocked DNSBL rule stats count in effect?

• Ive been learning PfBlocker and Pfsense - so please excuse any newbie related issues...

I just had Netgate support check into my set up and all seems good... One of the support agents set up a very simple DNSBL blocking rule for the url - www.nba.com - we wanted to test to see the UI for pfBlocker would show the hits because it was not showing any hits prior and I got them to look...

a few of the support agents helped me start to get results in the DNSBL ui - phishing and some ad blocking lists started showing hits... but many others remain zeroed...

but the very simple rule for blocking www.nba.com - never showed any hits - no matter how I tried accessing it.. it DID block that site when it was active ( something is working ) ...

but it never logged it in the UI. I tried dig / terminal / the browser ( safari )....

Is there perhaps some bug in the -devel version that anyone knows of ?

or how might you go about debugging or figuring on this issue?

• thank you in advance...

• @tbarbe said in -devel UI not capturing blocked DNSBL rule stats count in effect?:

but the very simple rule for blocking www.nba.com - never showed any hits

When I clicked on that link, I saw some Being Sport ( ? ) site using french (?)language, talking a lot about american basketball.
    I've already pfBlocker running, so most of the publicity was already stripped.

I went here : Firewallp > fBlockerNG > DNSBL

I entered nba.com under "Blacklists".

7d2e609b-e873-4eed-a7be-5f9575c6b88d-image.png

I forced reloaded pfBlcokerNG-devel.

Re visiting nba.com gave me :

eba2944f-bdc7-45fd-a3c3-c6084b2c9b86-image.png

Does this count for a hit being showed to you ;)

Btw : when you white- and blacklist, there are no Alerts ...
    4aba7d58-05d3-4324-9c31-52cba931927e-image.png

does that explain your "never showed any hits - no matter how I tried accessing it" ?

edit :

I did find this :

ff48e3dd-832a-4bae-81b2-dd744c5230f6-image.png

• I think I figured it out...

was using wifi DHCP and that was not letting the DNSBL stats to update properly - even tho firewall was blocking properly.

So once I set the wifi to bridge mode - all started working as expected... basically bad config causing it.