Gigabit WAN speeds dropped to 100 mb/s in XCP-ng pfSense VM
For most of this year, my pfSense VMs in XCP-ng have been working great, getting better speeds with my gigabit fiber internet than I did in HyperV. Last weekend, I installed some updates and made some minor changes. Upon doing a speedtest, my results dropped from 900+ mb/s down and up to around 500 mb/s down and 100 mb/s up. I've tried just about everything. I downgraded all the XCP-ng updates. I restored config backups for every device involved. I've tried a fresh install of pfSense AND fresh install of XCP-ng. I must be missing something because I can't figure out what is causing this. Speed test directly from my Windows or Debian VMs in XCP-ng provide the full 950+ mb/s down and up speeds so the issue definitely has something to do with pfSense, FreeBSD and/or the way it interacts with XCP-ng.
Here is my post in the XCP-ng forum. I'm not making progress over there so I thought I'd try this forum to see if anyone has some thoughts.
viktor_g last edited by
Try to disable hardware checksum offloading:
The pfSense version is 2.4.5p1
Yes, checksum offloading was disabled the moment the VM was initially created earlier this year. I've double checked it countless times.