in few weeks I'll need to install 2 TNSR servers in HA. Now I was starting to think about how to monitor TNSR. Our infrastructure will be monitored using Netdata and I think that, for TNSR, I can use netdata to monitor the host, for example CPU, RAM and disk usage. The question is: how can I monitor the dataplane?
I have read the documentation but I'm a little confused....
We will have one interface that will be our WAN with 8 Public IPs addresses and behind this interface our public subnets will be routed. So I will have the following interface:
- WAN: a.b.c.d / 29
- PUB_SUBNET_1: e.f.g.h / 24
- PUB_SUBNET_2: i.j.k.l / 24
- PUB_SUBNET_3: m.o.p.q / 24
Now my goal is to monitor the traffics statistics on all interfaces and per IP address and/or per subnet. For example one of my goals is to know ho much traffics (pps and mb/s) is doing a specific IP address in PUB_SUBNET_1 . Now the questions are:
- Is it possible? And if yes, is it possible with netdata?
- Which is the best monitoring solution, REST API, SNMP or Prometheus to reach my goals?
- Is it possible to monitor the dataplane using Netdata?
NetFlow on TNSR works only with NAT.
Also I can not find any SNMP templates for zabbix.
I found only one way to get traffic statistics.
I enabled port mirroring on switch and mirrored traffic was send to the VM running fastnetmon.
Did you have some success in TNSR monitoring?