PortRanges for Single Aliase

• I am currently using 1.2.3RC3 dated 08Sep2009.

I created an Aliase for a single port range 6881:6999 to apply to my firewall rules to block on LAN Subnet.  But I am getting this error:

There were error(s) loading the rules: no IP address found for 6881:6999 /tmp/rules.debug:139: could not parse host specification pfctl: Syntax error in config file: pf rules not loaded - The line in question reads [6999 /tmp/rules.debug]:

I searched the forum and found this http://forum.pfsense.org/index.php/topic,4575.0.html stating solved.  Is this another bug or am I doing something wrong.  I have other aliases applied to my fw rules, but they are single port(s) on each line.  Thanks for the assist.

• Okay,

Since it is a single range, I just used a single fw rule blocking that range for the LAN subnet.  I hope I did it right.

Prot          Source    Port            Dest    Port  Gateway    Schedule    Description
    TCP/UDP    LAN net  6881-6999  *          *      *                                block bittorrent

If I am incorrect pls clue me in.  Thanks

• if you tell us what you are trying to achieve then we will probably be able to help you.
    Why do you specify source port range? Does it work without alias?