Wireless Atheros card config?

• Hi there,

I am planning to install an atheros wireless card. Do the wireless settings magically appear after I insert my mini-pci card into my alix board or do I need to install any additional packets?

Thanks in advance!

Cheers,
    James

• Just install the card, boot up, go to Interfaces, assign and add the new interface.
    Then go to Interfaces, OPT2 (or whatever) and configure it.

• Thanks for that info. So the configuration like ssid and encryption do magically show up…
    I love pfSense ;)

• It actually checks behind the scenes and displays the additional configuration options if the interface is wireless. So, yeah, it's more or less magic.

• Now the card is working but I see lots of Errors. Is this normal? What can I do? It is an atheros card…

See the attached screenshot...

![Bildschirmfoto 2009-10-16 um 19.06.18.png](/public/imported_attachments/1/Bildschirmfoto 2009-10-16 um 19.06.18.png)
    ![Bildschirmfoto 2009-10-16 um 19.06.18.png_thumb](/public/imported_attachments/1/Bildschirmfoto 2009-10-16 um 19.06.18.png_thumb)

• If it seems to be working fine, don't worry about it. You can find many posts about this in the wireless forum- my experience is that you can see huge amounts of in errors without having a problem.