Need some help on LAN IP blocking
I'm a newbie and I need some help in setting up the firewall. Here are my questions:
1. How do I block some LAN IP addresses from accessing all ports permanently?
2. How do I block another set of LAN IP addresses from accessing all ports within a period of time? and
3. How do I allow the LAN IP addresses I mentioned in no.2 from accessing all ports after that period has elapsed?
Thank you very much for your time.
Supermule Banned last edited by
Gob last edited by
also make life easier for yourself by creating aliases for your groups of lan computers. use the alias names when creating blocking rules on Firewalls / Rules / LAN
Thanks Supermule for the reply, yes I mean scheduling some LAN IP addresses to be blocked from accessing the internet during office hours and the same LAN IP addresses to be allowed to access the internet after office hours and during break time. Also how to block another set of LAN IP addresses from accessing the internet permanently.
Thanks to Gob for the reply also, I will try to study the use of aliases in pfsense. I will give you feedback asap.
I used ALIASES in assigning a group of LAN IP addresses:
1. List of LAN IP Addresses blocked in accessing the internet and
2. List of LAN IP Addresses with time restrictions in accessing the internet
And used SCHEDULES in assigning time restrictions in some LAN IP Addresses as listed in no. 2.
After which I used them in making FIREWALL RULES and placed them before the default rule.
After that I reboot the system but it hanged during Configuring firewall…..