How can one customize the apperence of the webgui, lets say the logo ?
Not meaning the Theme
Ok, here's a quick howto:
- Enable SSH in the webgui at System>Advanced
- Download WinSCP from http://www.winscp.net
- Connect with WinSCP to you pfSense (SSH has to be allowed, try from Lanside with default allow to any rule; user is "root", password is your webgui password)
- Browse to "/usr/local/www/themes" - Here you find the different themes and their files. Every folder not starting with "_" will be listed at System>Advanced as theme
- choose the theme you like and download the graphics you want to change
- edit it
- upload it to the same folder with original name
This works for non-CD- and non-embedded-version. CD-version isn't modifyable for obvious reason, embedded version has to be mounted read/write before changing something and set back to readonly after you're done.
Keep in mind that updates might overwrite your modifications unless you create a new theme-folder that isn't included in the updates, so it is wise to save your modifications somewhere else in case you need to restore them.
Have fun :)
…and if you come up with something nice looking consider sending it in so we can make it downloadable at pfSense.com ;D
Thanx for the advices, i]ll try to change a bit the theme and if it looks nice i'll send it to the team :D