WebGUI cannot save changes because of cache



  • Here's a little bug that happenned to me a bunch of times. I make some changes in the WebGUI (specifically, this happenned in the DHCP service settings and in the PPTP add user dialog), and press 'Save' (or whatever the button says).

    Sometimes (pretty often) the interface just clears out to its default settings. It happens very fast, like its not talking to the server-side at all.

    Clearing the cache fixes the problem for a while, then it happens again.

    This problem was very obvious in IE 6.0.2800.1100 running on Windows 2000 server. I am able to reproduce it at will. (I access the WebGUI through HTTPS, although i dont think it matters).

    The first times it happenned to me, I was sure the settings had actually been saved, so I think this could be a pretty dangerous problem under certain circumstances.

    Any ideas?

    Thanks

    Guillaume



  • Thats a new one on me…



  • dit you try firefox ?



  • Well, could be an isolated problem. I havent been able to reproduce the bug no another machine.

    As for trying firefox well, you can't assume everyone will be running it all the time. The interface should support both browsers imho.

    I had another problem today while changing the LAN IP. The system would not be accessible anymore through the WebGUI (although it _was online, because I could ping one server from the firewall). I tried to restart the WebGUI (with the command line option) but no go - I had to reboot the box.
    (I did try both http and https).

    Strange :/



  • @gbelanger:

    Well, could be an isolated problem. I havent been able to reproduce the bug no another machine.

    As for trying firefox well, you can't assume everyone will be running it all the time. The interface should support both browsers imho.

    I think the point of the suggestion was to isolate the issue and determine if this was an IE bug or something else.

    –Bill



  • Ahh but you're never sure in this world of open-source zealots =)

    Yes, it's IE-only. I havent been able to reproduce the bug on another machine. I was mostly curious to know if this was a known issue… maybe its a non-issue  =P



  • i can olso been a windows 2000 server bug
    most users use windows xp home sp2 or pro sp2 for config with windows



  • We officially suport Safari, IE 6 & 7 and FireFox.

    We are not zealots however most of us do test more on FireFox and Safari than IE.  Just happens to be how we operate.

    If you can narrow it down to a browser bug let us know and we will attempt to fix it.


Log in to reply