Firewall scheduling weirdness

• I have setup a block in a LAN firewall rule to block certain IP's during the day and setup a schedule for that time period and applied it to the FW rule.  It does not work unless I reboot the firewall.  Is there a known bug?  This is on an ALIX with the 1.2.3 nanobsd version.

• Rebel Alliance Developer Netgate

You need not reboot to make it work, but it won't disconnect any active connections that exist when you add the rule until you clear the states (Diagnostics > States, Reset States tab)

• @jimp:

You need not reboot to make it work, but it won't disconnect any active connections that exist when you add the rule until you clear the states (Diagnostics > States, Reset States tab)

OK thanks.  Can it hard disconnect the states when the rule takes affect?  (I want it to, otherwise my daughter's FB connection would stay up indefinitely!)

• Rebel Alliance Developer Netgate

Yes, it should disconnect active sessions when the rule schedule is in effect (or stops taking effect, depending on if you did a pass/block), but IIRC there is a difference in reloading the rules and the rule going into/out of its scheduled time.