here is the problem is driving me crazy since 2 weeks… i have a EEE asus eb1501 that i would like to transform in to AP and captive portal.
Ubuntu 9.10 is the OS with virtual box.
I would like to use the wifi onboard card as an AP serving clients, and to go over internet through phisycal eth0 of ubuntu server.
These are the steps i made:
- eth0 bridged to WAN of pfsense, wlan0 bridged to LAN of pfsense
- hostapd configuration on ubuntu, linked to wlan0, without auth, ip address 188.8.131.52/24 to wlan0, starting hostapd service ok
- start virtualbox, pfsense configuration with wan ip taken from ubuntu eth0, and lan ip manually configured to 184.108.40.206/24, dhcp on pfsense
- can ping from pfsense wlan0
- Basic nat configuration on pfsense
- From pfsense console i can surf the internet through traceroute or ping or web traffic
- PROBLEM: clients connected to LAN (wireless) through hostapd and dhcp, can reach only pfsense box, and not the internet.
It seems a lack of route back to pfsense, or a NAT issue. Is something about hostapd?
Could you please help me?