OPENVPN - MULTI WAN connectivity problem

• We have multi wan/loadblancing setup.

I have configured OPENVPN on 1st WAN., and it is working fine.

I followed instruction from  "http://doc.pfsense.org/index.php/Multi-WAN_OpenVPN"
    and configured OPENVPN to work on WAN2. But I  am not able to establish the connection.

Here is the Open VPN log report
    –--------------------------------
    Jun 18 19:46:21 openvpn[24704]: Exiting
    Jun 18 19:46:21 openvpn[24704]: TCP/UDP: Socket bind failed on local address ...:1194: Can't assign requested address
    Jun 18 19:46:21 openvpn[24704]: WARNING: file '/var/etc/openvpn_server1.key' is group or others accessible
    Jun 18 19:46:21 openvpn[24704]: OpenVPN 2.0.6 i386-portbld-freebsd7.2 [SSL] [LZO] built on Dec 4 2009

if you have solution please reply me

• Rebel Alliance Developer Netgate

Jun 18 19:46:21    openvpn[24704]: TCP/UDP: Socket bind failed on local address ...:1194: Can't assign requested address

That implies that the IP you gave is not an IP address assigned to the system. Is that really the IP address of WAN2?

• Yes,
    This is the IP address of WAN2

I also tried changing the OPEN VPN port but still it is not working.

What do your custom options look like?

• Custom Options are like

local ...

Is something else already using port 1194? Have you tried port 1195?

Alternately, have you used the local directive on the OpenVPN instance on WAN?

Something else people do instead: put "local <lan ip="">" in a single instance, and then do a port forward on both WANs for port 1194 to the lan IP on port 1194, which has also been reported to work for multi-wan.</lan>

• Hi,

Problem Solved.

In WAN2 firewall rules for OPENVPN there was WAN2 gateway. I changed it to default gateway and it started working.

thanks