RRD not graphing

• 2.0-BETA4 (amd64)
    built on Tue Dec 21 15:13:51 EST 2010

I had the problem on line 243 of the php file, which I was able to fix with Ermal's suggestion of removing the extra '('. I then had an error in the system log that my graphs were created on another arch, because I had copied my config, including RRD graphs from a nano install. So I removed a file according to jimp's suggestion from another thread, and now my RRD page loads, but no graphs appear.

Furthermore, missing graphs aside, the RRD page looked normal last night, but today there is a graphic missing. When I try to load just that image in my browser (/status_rrd_graph_img.php?start=1293116400&end=1293125570&database=wan-traffic.rrd&style=inverse&graph=8hour) I get an error, "Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_VARIABLE in /usr/local/www/status_rrd_graph_img.php on line 82".

Help please? I like my graphs.

• I am also having this problem. Please advise.

• Found this issue in /usr/local/www/status_rrd_graph_img.php on line 81.
    This:

/* this should never happen */
    if($end < $start) {
    	log_error("start $start is smaller than end $end")
            $end = $now;
    }

should be this (note the missing ";" was added back)

/* this should never happen */
    if($end < $start) {
    	log_error("start $start is smaller than end $end");
            $end = $now;
    }

• Fix is good here. Thanks.

• Fix in mainline:

22 Dec 10:43 Add missing semicolon.

going to update again soon with a build after the 23rd.

Thanks to the devs for fixing it.

• 2.0-BETA4 (amd64)
    built on Thu Dec 23 20:58:09 EST 2010

Now this

php: /status_rrd_graph_img.php: Failed to create graph with error code 1, the error is: ERROR: start (1293202800) should be less than end (1293175813)/usr/bin/nice -n20 /usr/local/bin/rrdtool graph /tmp/wan-traffic.rrd-8hour.png --start 1293202800 --end 1293175813 --vertical-label "bits/sec" --color SHADEA#eeeeee --color SHADEB#eeeeee --title "`hostname` - WAN :: Traffic - 8 hours - 1 minute average" --height 200 --width 620 DEF:wan-in_bytes_pass=/var/db/rrd/wan-traffic.rrd:inpass:AVERAGE DEF:wan-out_bytes_pass=/var/db/rrd/wan-traffic.rrd:outpass:AVERAGE DEF:wan-in_bytes_block=/var/db/rrd/wan-traffic.rrd:inblock:AVERAGE DEF:wan-out_bytes_block=/var/db/rrd/wan-traffic.rrd:outblock:AVERAGE CDEF:"wan-in_bits_pass=wan-in_bytes_pass,8,*" CDEF:"wan-out_bits_pass=wan-out_bytes_pass,8,*" CDEF:"wan-in_bits_block=wan-in_bytes_block,8,*" CDEF:"wan-out_bits_block=wan-out_bytes_block,8,*" CDEF:"wan-in_bytes=wan-in_bytes_pass,wan-in_bytes_block,+" CDEF:"wan-out_bytes=wan-out_bytes_pass,wan-out_bytes_blo

Some of the graphs show up. Others are blurred out with a big red message to see the log.

• Current build (2nd build dated to-day) has gone back to

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '{' in /usr/local/www/status_rrd_graph.php on line 243

Regards

Andrew

• Rebel Alliance Developer Netgate

Is this still happening for anyone on current snapshots? It works fine on a VM running a snapshot from early this AM.

• On one box which I have not upgraded due to the latest snapshot with the broken Unbound DNS package installer the RRD Graphs work fine.

On the other box where I did a fresh install of the 26 December build, but which curiously has a date file of the 25 the December the RRD graphs are broken. i38

@jimp:

Is this still happening for anyone on current snapshots? It works fine on a VM running a snapshot from early this AM.

@mromero:

On the other box where I did a fresh install of the 26 December build, but which curiously has a date file of the 25 the December the RRD graphs are broken. i38

The same error message or something different?

• RRD appears to be working on my box.  Didn't check all of the interfaces, but did test the tabs.

2.0-BETA5 (i386)
    built on Sun Dec 26 01:43:40 EST 2010

• confirmed working on 25/12 x32 nano 4g snap. when i first applied the fix detailed on this thread (prior to the updated snap), the graph showed but i had to reboot to get it to graph.

• just to share that I've gotten this from RRD:

php: /status_rrd_graph_img.php: Failed to create graph with error code 1, the error is: ERROR: start (1293494400) should be less than end (1293487534)/usr/bin/nice -n20 /usr/local/bin/rrdtool graph /tmp/opt1-traffic.rrd-8hour.png –start 1293494400 --end 1293487534 --vertical-label "bits/sec" --color SHADEA#eeeeee --color SHADEB#eeeeee --title "hostname - WAN2 :: Traffic - 2 hours - 1 minute average" --height 200 --width 620 DEF:opt1-in_bytes_pass=/var/db/rrd/opt1-traffic.rrd:inpass:AVERAGE DEF:opt1-out_bytes_pass=/var/db/rrd/opt1-traffic.rrd:outpass:AVERAGE DEF:opt1-in_bytes_block=/var/db/rrd/opt1-traffic.rrd:inblock:AVERAGE DEF:opt1-out_bytes_block=/var/db/rrd/opt1-traffic.rrd:outblock:AVERAGE CDEF:"opt1-in_bits_pass=opt1-in_bytes_pass,8," CDEF:"opt1-out_bits_pass=opt1-out_bytes_pass,8," CDEF:"opt1-in_bits_block=opt1-in_bytes_block,8," CDEF:"opt1-out_bits_block=opt1-out_bytes_block,8," CDEF:"opt1-in_bytes=opt1-in_bytes_pass,opt1-in_bytes_block,+" CDEF:"opt1-out_bytes=opt1-out_bytes

I wonder if this is updated in the latest snapshot (today)

• Same here with todays (28th Dec, 2010) snapshot.

php: /status_rrd_graph_img.php: Failed to create graph with error code 1, the error is: ERROR: start (1293523200) should be less than end (1293498069)/usr/bin/nice -n20 /usr/local/bin/rrdtool graph /tmp/wan-traffic.rrd-8hour.png –start 1293523200 --end 1293498069 --vertical-label "bits/sec" --color SHADEA#eeeeee --color SHADEB#eeeeee --title "hostname - WAN :: Traffic - 7 hours - 1 minute average" --height 200 --width 620 DEF:wan-in_bytes_pass=/var/db/rrd/wan-traffic.rrd:inpass:AVERAGE DEF:wan-out_bytes_pass=/var/db/rrd/wan-traffic.rrd:outpass:AVERAGE DEF:wan-in_bytes_block=/var/db/rrd/wan-traffic.rrd:inblock:AVERAGE DEF:wan-out_bytes_block=/var/db/rrd/wan-traffic.rrd:outblock:AVERAGE CDEF:"wan-in_bits_pass=wan-in_bytes_pass,8," CDEF:"wan-out_bits_pass=wan-out_bytes_pass,8," CDEF:"wan-in_bits_block=wan-in_bytes_block,8," CDEF:"wan-out_bits_block=wan-out_bytes_block,8," CDEF:"wan-in_bytes=wan-in_bytes_pass,wan-in_bytes_block,+" CDEF:"wan-out_bytes=wan-out_bytes_pass,wan-out_bytes_blo

• Jimp, the error I was getting was the same as quoted by another user:

"Some of the graphs show up. Others are blurred out with a big red message to see the log."

On first upgrade to  today's  27 Dec build the graphs were running good, now about fours later I check and they are back with the same error as at above with the error on the first graph at the top.

This I simply do not understand. Wish I could be of more help  >:(

@jimp:

@mromero:

The same error message or something different?

• Here is the error from the system log:

php: /status_rrd_graph_img.php: Failed to create graph with error code 1, the error is: ERROR: start (1293523200) should be less than end (1293504141)/usr/bin/nice -n20 /usr/local/bin/rrdtool graph /tmp/system-processor.rrd-8hour.png –start 1293523200 --end 1293504141 --vertical-label "utilization, number" --color SHADEA#eeeeee --color SHADEB#eeeeee --title "hostname - System :: Processor - 5 hours - 1 minute average" --height 200 --width 620 DEF:"user=/var/db/rrd/system-processor.rrd:user:AVERAGE" DEF:"nice=/var/db/rrd/system-processor.rrd:nice:AVERAGE" DEF:"system=/var/db/rrd/system-processor.rrd:system:AVERAGE" DEF:"interrupt=/var/db/rrd/system-processor.rrd:interrupt:AVERAGE" DEF:"processes=/var/db/rrd/system-processor.rrd:processes:AVERAGE" AREA:"user#990000:user" AREA:"nice#a83c3c:nice:STACK" AREA:"system#b36666:system:STACK" AREA:"interrupt#bd9090:interrupt:STACK" LINE2:"processes#cccccc:processes" COMMENT:"\n" COMMENT:" minimum average maximum current

• Rebel Alliance Global Moderator

Just updated to latest build
    Version 2.0-BETA5 (i386)
    built on Mon Dec 27 19:14:40 EST 2010

this is error
    php: /status_rrd_graph_img.php: Failed to create graph with error code 1, the error is: ERROR: start (1293544800) should be less than end (1293517954)/usr/bin/nice -n20 /usr/local/bin/rrdtool graph /tmp/wan-traffic.rrd-8hour.png –start 1293544800 --end 1293517954 --vertical-label "bits/sec" --color SHADEA#eeeeee --color SHADEB#eeeeee --title "hostname - WAN :: Traffic - 7 hours - 1 minute average" --height 200 --width 620 DEF:wan-in_bytes_pass=/var/db/rrd/wan-traffic.rrd:inpass:AVERAGE DEF:wan-out_bytes_pass=/var/db/rrd/wan-traffic.rrd:outpass:AVERAGE DEF:wan-in_bytes_block=/var/db/rrd/wan-traffic.rrd:inblock:AVERAGE DEF:wan-out_bytes_block=/var/db/rrd/wan-traffic.rrd:outblock:AVERAGE CDEF:"wan-in_bits_pass=wan-in_bytes_pass,8," CDEF:"wan-out_bits_pass=wan-out_bytes_pass,8," CDEF:"wan-in_bits_block=wan-in_bytes_block,8," CDEF:"wan-out_bits_block=wan-out_bytes_block,8," CDEF:"wan-in_bytes=wan-in_bytes_pass,wan-in_bytes_block,+" CDEF:"wan-out_bytes=wan-out_bytes_pass,wan-out_bytes_blo

• @johnpoz:

Just updated to latest build
    Version 2.0-BETA5 (i386)
    built on Mon Dec 27 19:14:40 EST 2010

this is error
    php: /status_rrd_graph_img.php: Failed to create graph with error code 1, the error is: ERROR: start (1293544800) should be less than end (1293517954)/usr/bin/nice -n20 /usr/local/bin/rrdtool graph /tmp/wan-traffic.rrd-8hour.png –start 1293544800 --end 1293517954 --vertical-label "bits/sec" --color SHADEA#eeeeee --color SHADEB#eeeeee --title "hostname - WAN :: Traffic - 7 hours - 1 minute average" --height 200 --width 620 DEF:wan-in_bytes_pass=/var/db/rrd/wan-traffic.rrd:inpass:AVERAGE DEF:wan-out_bytes_pass=/var/db/rrd/wan-traffic.rrd:outpass:AVERAGE DEF:wan-in_bytes_block=/var/db/rrd/wan-traffic.rrd:inblock:AVERAGE DEF:wan-out_bytes_block=/var/db/rrd/wan-traffic.rrd:outblock:AVERAGE CDEF:"wan-in_bits_pass=wan-in_bytes_pass,8," CDEF:"wan-out_bits_pass=wan-out_bytes_pass,8," CDEF:"wan-in_bits_block=wan-in_bytes_block,8," CDEF:"wan-out_bits_block=wan-out_bytes_block,8," CDEF:"wan-in_bytes=wan-in_bytes_pass,wan-in_bytes_block,+" CDEF:"wan-out_bytes=wan-out_bytes_pass,wan-out_bytes_blo

I've updated to latest snapshot and all went well :-)

• Sometimes all my graphs show up fine, other times some graphs are blurred out. Seems like it was always shortly after midnight locally when this happened.

The seems to have gone away this morning?  Updating now to the current snap..  Lets see if comes back?

clarknova may be on to something, it may only show up during a specific time frame if there is an issue with date calculation.

• hrmm .. it happened again with latest snap:

php: /status_rrd_graph_img.php: Failed to create graph with error code 1, the error is: ERROR: start (1293580800) should be less than end (1293553000)/usr/bin/nice -n20 /usr/local/bin/rrdtool graph /tmp/wan-traffic.rrd-8hour.png –start 1293580800 --end 1293553000 --vertical-label "bits/sec" --color SHADEA#eeeeee --color SHADEB#eeeeee --title "hostname - WAN :: Traffic - 8 hours - 1 minute average" --height 200 --width 620 DEF:wan-in_bytes_pass=/var/db/rrd/wan-traffic.rrd:inpass:AVERAGE DEF:wan-out_bytes_pass=/var/db/rrd/wan-traffic.rrd:outpass:AVERAGE DEF:wan-in_bytes_block=/var/db/rrd/wan-traffic.rrd:inblock:AVERAGE DEF:wan-out_bytes_block=/var/db/rrd/wan-traffic.rrd:outblock:AVERAGE CDEF:"wan-in_bits_pass=wan-in_bytes_pass,8," CDEF:"wan-out_bits_pass=wan-out_bytes_pass,8," CDEF:"wan-in_bits_block=wan-in_bytes_block,8," CDEF:"wan-out_bits_block=wan-out_bytes_block,8," CDEF:"wan-in_bytes=wan-in_bytes_pass,wan-in_bytes_block,+" CDEF:"wan-out_bytes=wan-out_bytes_pass,wan-out_bytes_blo

• got same issue under 2.0-BETA5 (i386) built on Sun Dec 26 01:43:40 EST 2010

Dec 28 03:25:02 php: /status_rrd_graph_img.php: Failed to create graph with error code 1, the error is: ERROR: start (1293541200) should be less than end (1293524702)/usr/bin/nice -n20 /usr/local/bin/rrdtool graph /tmp/system-processor.rrd-8hour.png –start 1293541200 --end 1293524702 --vertical-label "utilization, number" --color SHADEA#eeeeee --color SHADEB#eeeeee --title "hostname - System :: Processor - 5 hours - 1 minute average" --height 200 --width 620 DEF:"user=/var/db/rrd/system-processor.rrd:user:AVERAGE" DEF:"nice=/var/db/rrd/system-processor.rrd:nice:AVERAGE" DEF:"system=/var/db/rrd/system-processor.rrd:system:AVERAGE" DEF:"interrupt=/var/db/rrd/system-processor.rrd:interrupt:AVERAGE" DEF:"processes=/var/db/rrd/system-processor.rrd:processes:AVERAGE" AREA:"user#990000:user" AREA:"nice#a83c3c:nice:STACK" AREA:"system#b36666:system:STACK" AREA:"interrupt#bd9090:interrupt:STACK" LINE2:"processes#cccccc:processes" COMMENT:"\n" COMMENT:" minimum average maximum current

Dec 28 03:25:02 php: /status_rrd_graph_img.php: start 1293541200 is smaller than end 1293519019

but in some hours in the day the graphic display ok.
    like now there is no error.

• When mine is blurred out, I just switch to Previous Period from Current Period and the graphs will display.

sure looks like its time related, it was working fine this morning.. But now its 12:30am here and this is what I get

Tried changing that – do have to restart rrd backend or something?  Still getting error

Dec 29 00:42:27
    php: /status_rrd_graph_img.php: Failed to create graph with error code 1, the error is: ERROR: start (1293631200) should be less than end (1293604947)/usr/bin/nice -n20 /usr/local/bin/rrdtool graph /tmp/WAN-quality.rrd-8hour.png \ --start 1293631200 --end 1293604947 \ --title "hostname - WAN :: Quality - 7 hours - 1 minute average" \ --color SHADEA#eeeeee --color SHADEB#eeeeee \ --vertical-label "ms / %" \ --height 200 --width 620 \ --lower-limit 0 \ DEF:delayraw=/var/db/rrd/WAN-quality.rrd:delay:AVERAGE \ DEF:loss=/var/db/rrd/WAN-quality.rrd:loss:AVERAGE \ "CDEF:delay=delayraw,1000," \ "CDEF:roundavg=delay,PREV(delay),+,2,/" \ "CDEF:loss10=loss,-1," \ "CDEF:r0=delay,20,MIN" \ "CDEF:r1=delay,60,MIN" \ "CDEF:r2=delay,180,MIN" \ "CDEF:r3=delay,420,MIN" \ COMMENT:" Delay Packet loss\n" \ AREA:delay#990000:"> 420 ms" \ GPRINT:delay:MIN:" Min: %7.2lf ms" \ GPRINT:loss:MIN:" Min: %3.1lf %%\n" \ AREA:r3#a83c3c:"180-420 ms" \ GPR

On current snap
    2.0-BETA5 (i386)
    built on Tue Dec 28 05:36:55 EST 2010

• Same behavior here, but I am not so sure that it is time related. I am using latest snapshot 2.0-BETA5 (i386)
    built on Wed Dec 29 00:07:16 EST 2010

Dec 29 10:40:42
    php: /status_rrd_graph_img.php: Failed to create graph with error code 1, the error is: ERROR: No DS called 'inpass' in '/var/db/rrd/wan-traffic.rrd'/usr/bin/nice -n20 /usr/local/bin/rrdtool graph /tmp/wan-traffic.rrd-quarter.png –start 1285797600 --end 1293615640 --vertical-label "bits/sec" --color SHADEA#eeeeee --color SHADEB#eeeeee --title "hostname - WAN :: Traffic - 3 months - 1 day average" --height 200 --width 620 DEF:wan-in_bytes_pass=/var/db/rrd/wan-traffic.rrd:inpass:AVERAGE DEF:wan-out_bytes_pass=/var/db/rrd/wan-traffic.rrd:outpass:AVERAGE DEF:wan-in_bytes_block=/var/db/rrd/wan-traffic.rrd:inblock:AVERAGE DEF:wan-out_bytes_block=/var/db/rrd/wan-traffic.rrd:outblock:AVERAGE CDEF:"wan-in_bits_pass=wan-in_bytes_pass,8," CDEF:"wan-out_bits_pass=wan-out_bytes_pass,8," CDEF:"wan-in_bits_block=wan-in_bytes_block,8," CDEF:"wan-out_bits_block=wan-out_bytes_block,8," CDEF:"wan-in_bytes=wan-in_bytes_pass,wan-in_bytes_block,+" CDEF:"wan-out_bytes=wan-out_bytes_pass,wan-out_bytes_bloc

Has to be time related.. Since they are working fine this morning.

Has anyone been able to make out a pattern, working time vs non-working time? This happened before and it was a noon/midnight switch.

Well I can tell you it was not working from like 12:30 til 3 something in the morning.. But now at 9:30 its working..

I would assume tz are also involved, Im set to america/chicago

• Latest snapshot of today i386

Dec 31 04:00:41 php: /status_rrd_graph_img.php: Failed to create graph with error code 1, the error is: ERROR: start (1293782400) should be less than end (1293768041)/usr/bin/nice -n20 /usr/local/bin/rrdtool graph /tmp/system-processor.rrd-8hour.png –start 1293782400 --end 1293768041 --vertical-label "utilization, number" --color SHADEA#eeeeee --color SHADEB#eeeeee --title "hostname - System :: Processor - 4 hours - 1 minute average" --height 200 --width 620 DEF:"user=/var/db/rrd/system-processor.rrd:user:AVERAGE" DEF:"nice=/var/db/rrd/system-processor.rrd:nice:AVERAGE" DEF:"system=/var/db/rrd/system-processor.rrd:system:AVERAGE" DEF:"interrupt=/var/db/rrd/system-processor.rrd:interrupt:AVERAGE" DEF:"processes=/var/db/rrd/system-processor.rrd:processes:AVERAGE" AREA:"user#990000:user" AREA:"nice#a83c3c:nice:STACK" AREA:"system#b36666:system:STACK" AREA:"interrupt#bd9090:interrupt:STACK" LINE2:"processes#cccccc:processes" COMMENT:"\n" COMMENT:" minimum average maximum current

• I've been keeping an eye on my graphs since 23h30 and the first one died promptly at midnight with this message in the log:

Jan 2 00:01:00 php: /status_rrd_graph_img.php: Failed to create graph with error code 1, the error is: ERROR: start (1293980400) should be less than end (1293951660)/usr/bin/nice -n20 /usr/local/bin/rrdtool graph /tmp/wan-traffic.rrd-8hour.png –start 1293980400 --end 1293951660 --vertical-label "bits/sec" --color SHADEA#eeeeee --color SHADEB#eeeeee --title "hostname - WAN :: Traffic - 8 hours - 1 minute average" --height 200 --width 620 DEF:wan-in_bytes_pass=/var/db/rrd/wan-traffic.rrd:inpass:AVERAGE DEF:wan-out_bytes_pass=/var/db/rrd/wan-traffic.rrd:outpass:AVERAGE DEF:wan-in_bytes_block=/var/db/rrd/wan-traffic.rrd:inblock:AVERAGE DEF:wan-out_bytes_block=/var/db/rrd/wan-traffic.rrd:outblock:AVERAGE CDEF:"wan-in_bits_pass=wan-in_bytes_pass,8," CDEF:"wan-out_bits_pass=wan-out_bytes_pass,8," CDEF:"wan-in_bits_block=wan-in_bytes_block,8," CDEF:"wan-out_bits_block=wan-out_bytes_block,8," CDEF:"wan-in_bytes=wan-in_bytes_pass,wan-in_bytes_block,+" CDEF:"wan-out_bytes=wan-out_bytes_pass,wan-out_bytes_blo

• Just in case it helps, I posted in another thread similar to this one: http://forum.pfsense.org/index.php/topic,27910.msg163645.html#msg163645

I noticed there were some messages on my logs that seemed related, but I wasn't sure, so I posted them there.

Could a mod merge these threads?  seems to be useful information in all of them, and it may help to have all of them in one thread and prevent crossposting.  Perhaps something is posted in two different threads that may make the issue more obvious if seen all at once as well, so that this bug can be resolved.

@clarknova:

I've been keeping an eye on my graphs since 23h30 and the first one died promptly at midnight with this message in the log:

Are you on the most current snap? One that includes these commits?

https://rcs.pfsense.org/projects/pfsense/repos/mainline/commits/29640ceef3b1ee281dae21ab41cd2ff5703f43c8
    https://rcs.pfsense.org/projects/pfsense/repos/mainline/commits/97acf64675592e2e623eb22b3d1adcc63c109b2a

• Oops, no. Sorry. I haven't been on site in over a week and didn't want to upgrade remotely because of the pppoe issues. I'll be there in 36 hours or so and update then.

• RRD graphs are now working past midnight with pfSense-Full-Update-2.0-BETA5-20110101-1309. Tried all display options with success.

• EDIT - PROBLEM SOLVED

Was braindead and forgot that it wasn't a clean install but an upgrade from the last CD I burned (May 2010 timeframe).  Just did a clean install from this mornings liveCD and all is well.

===================
    Seems a different issue than those above but under the same topic.  Clean install this morning (2.0-BETA5 (i386) built on Mon Jan 3 03:26:07 EST 2011).

Error message in log is below…

php: /status_rrd_graph_img.php: Failed to create graph with error code 1, the error is: ERROR: '/var/db/rrd/wan-traffic.rrd' is not an RRD file/usr/bin/nice -n20 /usr/local/bin/rrdtool graph /tmp/wan-traffic.rrd-month.png –start 1291307056 --end 1294071856 --vertical-label "bits/sec" --color SHADEA#eeeeee --color SHADEB#eeeeee --title "hostname - WAN :: Traffic - 1 month - 1 hour average" --height 200 --width 620 DEF:wan-in_bytes_pass=/var/db/rrd/wan-traffic.rrd:inpass:AVERAGE DEF:wan-out_bytes_pass=/var/db/rrd/wan-traffic.rrd:outpass:AVERAGE DEF:wan-in_bytes_block=/var/db/rrd/wan-traffic.rrd:inblock:AVERAGE DEF:wan-out_bytes_block=/var/db/rrd/wan-traffic.rrd:outblock:AVERAGE CDEF:"wan-in_bits_pass=wan-in_bytes_pass,8," CDEF:"wan-out_bits_pass=wan-out_bytes_pass,8," CDEF:"wan-in_bits_block=wan-in_bytes_block,8," CDEF:"wan-out_bits_block=wan-out_bytes_block,8," CDEF:"wan-in_bytes=wan-in_bytes_pass,wan-in_bytes_block,+" CDEF:"wan-out_bytes=wan-out_bytes_pass,wan-out_bytes_block,+" CDE

Same issue for System, Packets and Quality…

The systems has been up for 58 minutes - if that matters...

• I'm on AMD64 and I see these errors on bootup.  Seems to only apply to the Traffic Shaper Graphs but the graphs are displaying correctly, just an annoying bootup error.

Jan 1 01:31:50 php: : The command '/usr/bin/nice -n20 /usr/local/bin/rrdtool update /var/db/rrd/lan-queuedrops.rrd -t :lan N:U' returned exit code '1', the output was 'ERROR: unknown DS name '''
    Jan 1 01:31:50 php: : The command '/usr/bin/nice -n20 /usr/local/bin/rrdtool update /var/db/rrd/lan-queues.rrd -t :lan N:U' returned exit code '1', the output was 'ERROR: unknown DS name '''
    Jan 1 01:31:50 php: : The command '/usr/bin/nice -n20 /usr/local/bin/rrdtool update /var/db/rrd/wan-queuedrops.rrd -t :wan:qACK:qDefault:qGames N:U:U:U:U' returned exit code '1', the output was 'ERROR: unknown DS name '''
    Jan 1 01:31:50 php: : The command '/usr/bin/nice -n20 /usr/local/bin/rrdtool update /var/db/rrd/wan-queues.rrd -t :wan:qACK:qDefault:qGames N:U:U:U:U' returned exit code '1', the output was 'ERROR: unknown DS name '''

• Solved this problem by deleting all *.rrd graphs under /var/db/rrd/ !!!

@lustenbe:

Same behavior here, but I am not so sure that it is time related. I am using latest snapshot 2.0-BETA5 (i386)
    built on Wed Dec 29 00:07:16 EST 2010

Dec 29 10:40:42
    php: /status_rrd_graph_img.php: Failed to create graph with error code 1, the error is: ERROR: No DS called 'inpass' in '/var/db/rrd/wan-traffic.rrd'/usr/bin/nice -n20 /usr/local/bin/rrdtool graph /tmp/wan-traffic.rrd-quarter.png –start 1285797600 --end 1293615640 --vertical-label "bits/sec" --color SHADEA#eeeeee --color SHADEB#eeeeee --title "hostname - WAN :: Traffic - 3 months - 1 day average" --height 200 --width 620 DEF:wan-in_bytes_pass=/var/db/rrd/wan-traffic.rrd:inpass:AVERAGE DEF:wan-out_bytes_pass=/var/db/rrd/wan-traffic.rrd:outpass:AVERAGE DEF:wan-in_bytes_block=/var/db/rrd/wan-traffic.rrd:inblock:AVERAGE DEF:wan-out_bytes_block=/var/db/rrd/wan-traffic.rrd:outblock:AVERAGE CDEF:"wan-in_bits_pass=wan-in_bytes_pass,8," CDEF:"wan-out_bits_pass=wan-out_bytes_pass,8," CDEF:"wan-in_bits_block=wan-in_bytes_block,8," CDEF:"wan-out_bits_block=wan-out_bytes_block,8," CDEF:"wan-in_bytes=wan-in_bytes_pass,wan-in_bytes_block,+" CDEF:"wan-out_bytes=wan-out_bytes_pass,wan-out_bytes_bloc

• 2.0-BETA5 (amd64)
    built on Tue Jan 4 02:47:18 EST 2011

You are on the latest version.
    Platform pfSense
    CPU Type Intel(R) Atom(TM) CPU D510 @ 1.66GHz
    Uptime 00:11

Just upgraded (3h38 am). Graphs appear normal.

System log:

Jan 4 03:38:52 php: : The command '/usr/bin/nice -n20 /usr/local/bin/rrdtool update /var/db/rrd/wan-queuedrops.rrd -t :wan:qACK:qDefault:qVoIP:qOthersHigh:qOthersLow N:U:U:U:U:U:U' returned exit code '1', the output was 'ERROR: unknown DS name '''
    Jan 4 03:38:52 php: : The command '/usr/bin/nice -n20 /usr/local/bin/rrdtool update /var/db/rrd/wan-queues.rrd -t :wan:qACK:qDefault:qVoIP:qOthersHigh:qOthersLow N:U:U:U:U:U:U' returned exit code '1', the output was 'ERROR: unknown DS name '''