PfSense 2.0 and Hyper-V 2008R networking issue

• Hi,

I have installed a pfsense in our hyper-v enviroment. Its boots and the WAN interface works, but neither the opt or the lan interface works.

I use the same (legacy) drivers on all three nics, I have machines working on the VLANS internally on the opt and on the LAN but they cannot ping the pfsense guest. I have tried all combos and double checked macs etc.

What can I look for more?

/MH

• Try doing an ifconfig <if>down and ifconfig <if>up on the LAN and OPT interfaces via the shell.

for example:

ifconfig de0 down
    ifconfig de0 up

I have an issue where sometimes they don't seem to come up properly at boot up, it doesn't bother me much as the VMs rarely require re-booting.</if></if>

• Hi in this case the pfsense is the dhcp server and the leases falls out after some hours. I think its related to the ARP issues im seeing.

• Use the ShellCMD package to run the commands on bootup.

I've got multiple Hyper-V installations across a few locations and this seems to do the trick.

• @peterclark4:

Try doing an ifconfig <if>down and ifconfig <if>up on the LAN and OPT interfaces via the shell.

for example:

ifconfig de0 down
    ifconfig de0 up

I have an issue where sometimes they don't seem to come up properly at boot up, it doesn't bother me much as the VMs rarely require re-booting.</if></if>

+1 for this working.  Thanks.

• I have a workaround uploaded that may be useful.  It cycles the interfaces both at boot and every time they are reconfigured.  I think they were already brought down once in the original interface reconfigure code anyway, but this workaround brings the interface up before bringing it down, which I think helps when the link had gone down.
    Instructions here: https://github.com/efonne/pfsense/wiki