Firewall HELP! Need ports opened.

• So, I was a huge Endian Firewall Fan and recently decided to test out pfSense.  So far, I like it.

One of the major issues that I am having is as follows and I have probably spent already 3 hours trying to figure out what is going on:

1.  I can not open ports on the firewall.  I tried to enter the rules using the GUI, and it just doesnt want to open the ports up for me. 
    2.  I then thought it could have been my server behind the firewall, so I completely disabled the firewall on there, and the issue is still happening.

I am just trying to open ports 80, and 443.  But I am not sure what I am doing wrong.

Can someone help me out?

Thanks.
    Ravi

• Can you screen shot and paste your WAN rules in here? There is not much we can do to help unless we have a bit more details.

• Attached are the rules I put under the Firewall.  Should these instead go under NAT?

Basically, it is an exchange server that I am trying to open the ports for.

• Configure it on nat rules.

at bottom of nat creation tab, there is an option to associate this nat to a rule.

Also change your pfsense gui port to https and any port other then 443.

This will prevent conflict between pfsense gui and your nat server https port.

• Nope, same thing.  Here are a couple of more attachments with the logs.

I have never had this much trouble setting up a firewall before.

If anyone can help, that would be great.  If not, it is back to my old firewall for the time being.

![Capture 2.PNG](/public/imported_attachments/1/Capture 2.PNG)
    ![Capture 2.PNG_thumb](/public/imported_attachments/1/Capture 2.PNG_thumb)

• Ok figured it out.  If someone needs this again, this is what I did.

man that was fun!!!

![Capture 2.PNG](/public/imported_attachments/1/Capture 2.PNG)
    ![Capture 2.PNG_thumb](/public/imported_attachments/1/Capture 2.PNG_thumb)

• You got it, Source port must be any to work.

good luck with pfsense, it's a GREAT firewall.

• Your biggest issue is that is that your source port is not any. You will have the same problem if you did the same in NAT.