Layer7 container rule halts all traffic

• From what I read on this forum many people are complaining that L7 blocks nothing.

On my system all traffic (not vpn though) are blocked.

I added an all pass Lan rule (tcp/udp) and selected the container under advanced options. The container is set to block torrent traffic. The moment I add this rule all is blocked.

Many other posts report this to work so I'm suspecting something wrong on my side.

I'm running pf 2.01

It'd be great if I could get this working.

• @MrsPotter:

From what I read on this forum many people are complaining that L7 blocks nothing.

I added an all pass Lan rule (tcp/udp) and selected the container under advanced options. The container is set to block torrent traffic. The moment I add this rule all is blocked.

Many other posts report this to work so I'm suspecting something wrong on my side.

I'm running pf 2.01

Hi, first of all congrats to u that u are able to block, can u share this how did u make it happen. This is how i had configured, please guide what next ti had to do to block this bittorrent.

Regards,
    Prashant

• @MrsPotter:

From what I read on this forum many people are complaining that L7 blocks nothing.

I'm running pf 2.01

Can u attach screen shot of ur firewall rule it will be easy to understand
    Thanks again

• Ok it seems that you've successfully created a container.

However, you still need to add an all pass rule to the firewall - under advanced - specify your L7 container.

I've found that this halts all traffic.

Strange - this must be a bug I think.